Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Predictions for Sunday
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
mcnabbulous
33-13 Eagles.
Who you got?
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 28 2013, 12:07 PM) *
33-13 Eagles.
Who you got?

We drop a 40 bomb on them. PHI 44 - DAL 17.

The only reason we don't score more is because Chip tells Foles to take his foot off the gas. Vick will be in the game early in the 4th.
samaroo
I can't be that optimistic, because Dallas. I'll go with 37-31, us. But I'd much rather it be one of the scores above.
nephillymike
Eagles 34
Dallas 24

I can't see their D stopping our O, but it is their pass D that is weakest so we need to exploit that.

I see them going to Murray early and often to keep the ball out of our hands and to give them stability.

Key is for us to get a lead and make them have to throw more than they would like.

Concerns:

As with any NFL game, it's turnovers. A team that turns it over once more than the other on the road only wins 15%.

Our ST's coverage units are a concern. Can't afford to give up a td and Colt is out.

Chip's decision making for challenges and his go or punt decisions sometimes leave a lot to be desired. Can't afford any fuckups in that dept.

I think we are solidly the better team and as long as we don't beat ourselves, should get the win.
mcnabbulous
Our run D is really strong. They can feed it to Murray all day, for all I care. That plays right into our hands.
Jax
I don't have a strong read on this game but Dallas +7 at home seems like a lot.

Of course, on paper it seems we should win handily but I don't have total confidence in that.

Eagles 70-0 would be a solid effort though wink.gif
Dreagon
I think we keep it reasonable through a quarter and a half to two quarters....but I think playing up to a games importance will only take you so far. You guys still have a top notch offense going against a defense made up of guys who couldn't even make the third string on a team at the beginning of the season. I hate to bet against my own team, but I think you guys start pulling away in the second or third quarter. I think we can score with Orton, but I just don't think we can keep up. So putting all homerism aside...

Eagles 38 - Cowboys 24

Now, do I think there is no hope for my guys at all? Well, not a lot...but some. We are 5-0 in the division so we don't totally stink. Mediocrity sucks, but it's still better than being a team that sucks so we can't be taken too lightly. But at the same time, that was with Romo...so I guess we'll see.
make_it_rain
I think it will be lower scoring than expected. 24-17 eagles.

make_it_rain
double
Eyrie
In making any prediction, it's important to consider our game plan. With Kelly that's simple - we fight and fucking score points.

So I'm saying 34-21.
20dawk
27-24 eagles

Foles in the big moment still scares me. He seems to have an off game when something is on the line. Add in it is still a divisional game and you have the making for a closer game. Orton isn't homo so he is gonna protect the ball. Murray has been killing it so u know he will be carrying the load. Witten and Escobar will create a tough matchup for our LBs and safeties. I expect cole to be exploited this game. With Williams and fletcher giving ten yard cushions I expect a lot of quick throws and screens to dez and Williams. Not to mention beasly the new found slot guy, a position that has killed us all year especially on third down.

Na phuck all that 34-17 GO BIRDS!!!!!!!!!!
Rick
I can't make a prediction. We've been in this sort of situation so many times over the years and many times I've been totally disappointed. I am trying to be positive and feel good about the season either way but, if they lose tonight, I'll be devastated. Not so much because we lost or that we aren't going to the playoffs of even that it's Dallas. It would be because we'd have lost to a clearly inferior team (again) in a big game. It's not like we're playing Seattle or anyone else good.

It's times like this which make it tough to be an Eagles' fan. Just hoping they win, I don't care how, just win tonight.

But I am EXCITED about tonight for sure.
Jax
QUOTE (Rick @ Dec 29 2013, 10:14 AM) *
I can't make a prediction. We've been in this sort of situation so many times over the years and many times I've been totally disappointed. I am trying to be positive and feel good about the season either way but, if they lose tonight, I'll be devastated. Not so much because we lost or that we aren't going to the playoffs of even that it's Dallas. It would be because we'd have lost to a clearly inferior team (again) in a big game. It's not like we're playing Seattle or anyone else good.

It's times like this which make it tough to be an Eagles' fan. Just hoping they win, I don't care how, just win tonight.

This^
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Rick @ Dec 29 2013, 10:14 AM) *

What other situations did we lose to a clearly inferior team in this type of game?
SpudDogg
44-6 Eagles, just like last time it mattered.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.