Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just two Eagles in the Pro Bowl
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Eyrie
I think there are strong cases to be made for Mathis and Kelce, but other than them this seems fair to me. Foles hasn't had a full season, Jackson is up against strong competition and there isn't an elite player on our defence which has had some poor games.
Zero
This may prove motivational for the team. Not to suggest that someone like Ryans or Kelce will feel dissed, but their esprit de corps could show us their teammates responding on their behalf. Sounds nice anyway.
Rick
Who gives a damn about the Pro Bowl anyway. The selection is a popularity contest and the game, well sucks. I've watched exactly 1 quarter in my life...ONE. Because it sucks.
Zero
QUOTE (Rick @ Dec 28 2013, 10:39 AM) *
Who gives a damn about the Pro Bowl anyway.

The players who get recognition and make money when they're selected.
canadianeagle
Mathis and and Kelce deserve the recognition but it really doesn't matter -- everything about the pro-bowl stinks
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (canadianeagle @ Dec 28 2013, 11:13 AM) *
Mathis and and Kelce deserve the recognition but it really doesn't matter -- everything about the pro-bowl stinks

Yep. Desean and Foles too. Stupid process and game. Who gives a shit.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Dec 28 2013, 05:47 AM) *
I think there are strong cases to be made for Mathis and Kelce, but other than them this seems fair to me. Foles hasn't had a full season, Jackson is up against strong competition and there isn't an elite player on our defence which has had some poor games.

Boykin has had one of the best statistical seasons for any CB in the league, but it was a pipe dream hoping he'd get in. Maybe as an alternate as guys drop out over the
next month.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Dec 28 2013, 12:42 PM) *
Boykin has had one of the best statistical seasons for any CB in the league, but it was a pipe dream hoping he'd get in. Maybe as an alternate as guys drop out over the
next month.

Nope. We'll be in the Super Bowl, so we have no chance.
Phits
nm.
make_it_rain
Serious question, I don't know the answer here....

Is there any correlation between Pro Bowl voting and All Pro team selection? For example, Mathis was snubbed from the Pro Bowl, but has been the top ranked guard by a long distance on PFF, so would it be very surprising if he somehow gets an All Pro nod despite not making the pro bowl?

So, is it possible, or even common, for someone to get snubbed from the Pro Bowl but get recognition on the All Pro team? I would think its possible, since the Pro Bowl has become a joke the last few years, but wasn't sure.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Dec 28 2013, 11:06 PM) *
Serious question, I don't know the answer here....

Is there any correlation between Pro Bowl voting and All Pro team selection? For example, Mathis was snubbed from the Pro Bowl, but has been the top ranked guard by a long distance on PFF, so would it be very surprising if he somehow gets an All Pro nod despite not making the pro bowl?

So, is it possible, or even common, for someone to get snubbed from the Pro Bowl but get recognition on the All Pro team? I would think its possible, since the Pro Bowl has become a joke the last few years, but wasn't sure.

All Pro is done by the media members...voted on by a panel.

I think there is a big misconception about the pro bowl here, however.

The PB is made up of 3 equal voting segments. The players, the coaches and the fans. The fans vote has no more weight than the other 2 groups.

It is that fact that often makes some choices strange.
Foles Cheesesteaks
Foles got hosed
20dawk
I understand not putting foles in but he deserved it. The fact the peters made it shows how much people don't pay attention to lineman. He was horrible early in the season and I was happy when barbe came in for him. He has turned it around but he shouldn't be in the pro bowl. Up until the past couple weeks I wouldn't put any of our lineman in. From the birds I would put foles (over Brady), shady, desean (over Antonio brown) Donnie jones over whoever the punter is.
Rick
QUOTE (Zero @ Dec 28 2013, 10:58 AM) *
The players who get recognition and make money when they're selected.

Well then they need to get more popular.

My point is, it just doesn't matter to any of the fans. The process is flawed and the game sucks big elephant balls.
nephillymike
FWIW, per Eagles website, Foles is a first alternate and Mathis and Jackson are 2nd alternates.

Unless you think that none of the six QB's will be in the SB, Foles will play, unless of course, WE are in the SB!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.