Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Eagles v Cowboys
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Jax
Great stuff, thank you 0

Reminds me of that Thanksgiving year where we spanked them ion 80's. What year was that? I remember it like it was yesterday. I was in my Uncle's basement in Wynnewood.
Jax
Watched them all. Our Eagles sure are tied into our memories in life. Wow.

My random thoughts:

I enjoyed seeing many of our great players that we don't think of everyday such as Correll Buckhalter, Mike Zordich and Andy Harmon.

Wilbert - Legendary

The fake kneel down by Buddy make my stomach churn. While we all loved Buddy at the time, that was one of his classless moves.

DJax.... I'm glad he is on my team...

HOUSEoPAIN
Great collection to get us pumped up.

Honestly, fuck Tom Landry and that stupid hat he always wore, I'm glad Buddy did that. Just for fun, I watched the video of TO spiking the Dallas star twice when he was a
49er. That never gets old.
Phits
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Dec 27 2013, 07:12 PM) *
Great collection to get us pumped up.

Honestly, fuck Tom Landry and that stupid hat he always wore, I'm glad Buddy did that. Just for fun, I watched the video of TO spiking the Dallas star twice when he was a
49er. That never gets old.

Speaking of TO, he is going to be on the NFL network tonight (8PM EST) yapping about what the Boiz might be able to do with Romo gone.
Phits
The Eagles are 6-2 in their last 8 games. The Cowboys are 4-4.

In the six weeks leading up to the first game, the Eagles were scoring 27.6 points per game and allowing 29.8 ppg. The Cowboys were scoring 30.5 ppg and allowing only 25.3 ppg. Now eight weeks after the first encounter, the Eagles are averaging 31.1 ppg scored and only 20.5 ppg allowed. The Cowboys are scoring 27.1 ppg and allowing 31.6 ppg.

The Cowboys had impact linebacker Sean Lee playing in the first game, who was key in defending the Eagles offense. He helped limit LeSean McCoy to a mere 55 yards on the ground. Lee has been ruled out of Sunday's contest with a severe neck injury. That's a huge loss for a struggling Dallas defense.

Another big loss for the Cowboys is their star quarterback Tony Romo. Romo wasn't exactly stellar in the first match-up, but he's clearly a better option than Kyle Orton.

Nick Foles is officially the Eagles' starting quarterback now. In October, he was just making the second start of his 2013 campaign. He was horrible in that game: 11/29 (37.9%) for 80 yards (2.8 avg), 0 TD/INT for a 46.2 QB rating. It would be hard to get much worse than that. Now, Foles has a 63.92% completion percentage with an NFL leading 9 yards/attempt with 25 TD/2 INT and a 118.7 QB rating.

"Since Week 10, the Eagles have the top offensive DVOA in the NFL. Since Week 10, the Cowboys have the worst defensive DVOA in the NFL."

RB DeMarco Murray and DE DeMarcus Ware missed the first game. It should be noted the Eagles have not allowed a 100 yard rusher, save for Rashad Jennings in the Raiders game during garbage time. Ware is very much a significant addition for Dallas, though.

Riley Cooper has emerged as a viable second wide receiver. First 6 games: 12 catches, 105 yards, 2 TD. Last 8 games: 24 catches, 495 yards, 6 TD

Trent Cole has come alive. He's really been getting after the quarterback in recent weeks. First 6 games: 0 sacks, 11 tackles, 5 assists. Last 8 games: 8 sacks, 26 tackles, 5 assists
Eyrie
QUOTE (Jax @ Dec 27 2013, 06:50 PM) *
The fake kneel down by Buddy make my stomach churn. While we all loved Buddy at the time, that was one of his classless moves.

Wasn't that in retaliation for Landry keeping his veterans in a blow out game earlier in the season to run up the score on us?
Zero
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Dec 28 2013, 05:32 AM) *
Wasn't that in retaliation for Landry keeping his veterans in a blow out game earlier in the season to run up the score on us?

Yep. The dick wad who "epitomized class" stuck it up Buddy's ass, twisted it and pumped it. Notice how Mr. Class just walked off the field after Buddy shoved it back at him? I've never seen that ever in an NFL game. IMO, Buddy had the balls to respond where no other coach would. Buddy was flamboyant, irreverent and a bit crazy but if Landry hadn't have pissed in his beer and showed him up Buddy wouldn't have responded.
samaroo
Yep. Didn't like the taste of his own medicine.
nephillymike

Exactly!!

Fuck Landry

Fuck His Hat

And that was a great payback for Hat Man trying to rub it in with his starters two weeks earlier.
Jax

I had forgotten that. Of course, it wouldn't be like Buddy to be the bigger person and take the high road...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.