Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Eagles are #3?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Most of this analysis goes way over my head, but the DVOA (Defense-adjusted Value Over Average) from Football Outsiders says the Eagles are the 3rd best team in the NFL the way they're playing now. They're #8 for the year, but the weighted, or "current" ranking has them at #3 below only Seattle and Carolina. UMPH! Even the #8 has me amazed. WTF are these guys going to do when they add some of the Kelly pieces next year?

I know, but this team has really snuck up on me. After Reid was dismissed I made up my mind that there was going to be a couple of years of struggle. Building. Progress. Patience. Somehow I moved from the right lane to the passing lane without realizing it. I set the damn cruise control for 72 and it kept accelerating and I find it almost red-lining going into Dallas this week.
Eyrie
I think this season has surpassed expectations for many of us. The offense has piled up the points whilst the defence has gained experience in the 3-4.

I'm looking forward to 2014 already, and I'm still enjoying our 2013!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.