Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Re: Coaches on the field during plays
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
xsv
Couldn't help but notice this in one of the replays. ..

Click to view attachment
SAM I Am
Nobody but the players and referees should step foot on the field of play at anytime during a game, except during injuries and timeouts. I would fine and suspend anyone who does.
Birdman420
they were on the goal line and chip was at least 50 yards away, I don't think it's that big of a deal.

If for some reason we fumbled and the other team picked it up and ran up the eagles sideline I'm sure chip would have gotten out of the way. Even if he took a digger there are plenty of capable men there to drag his ass off the field before interfering with play.
Zero
QUOTE (Birdman420 @ Dec 26 2013, 07:01 PM) *
they were on the goal line and chip was at least 50 yards away, I don't think it's that big of a deal.
Yup, you see it all the time. Maybe refs should start penalizing coaches for it, but what Tomlin did was intentionally interfere with a play. Big difference, IMO.
xsv
QUOTE (Zero @ Dec 27 2013, 06:37 AM) *
Yup, you see it all the time. Maybe refs should start penalizing coaches for it, but what Tomlin did was intentionally interfere with a play. Big difference, IMO.

I don't think Tomlin did it intentionally. I think he just forgot he was on the field of play.

I don't think anyone is supposed to be on the field of play except the 22 players in the actual play itself. If know if it was a player on the field, even from 50 yards away, then it's supposed to be a penalty.

Zero
QUOTE (xsv @ Dec 27 2013, 09:19 AM) *
I don't think Tomlin did it intentionally. I think he just forgot he was on the field of play.

I dunno, X. The way he was looking right at him when he stepped out and then the big grin after. No doubt in my mind he did the deed.
See ...
Eyrie
We got penalised a few years ago in a tailgate game against the Panthers when one of our back room staff stepped onto the field during a kick return. Memory might be playing tricks on me (I was still concussed from that tent pole) but I think it cost JR Reed a kickoff return for a TD.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.