Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: We'd had some pretty big games against Dallas recently
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
xsv
And we've been coming up short.

2009 Lost in the last game of the season, 24-0
2009 Lost in first round of the playoffs, 31-14
2010 Lost in the last game of the season 14-13

Time to turn this trend around.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (xsv @ Dec 26 2013, 10:00 AM) *
And we've been coming up short.

2009 Lost in the last game of the season, 24-0
2009 Lost in first round of the playoffs, 31-14
2010 Lost in the last game of the season 14-13

Time to turn this trend around.

The most recent game you cite is 3 years ago in the middle of the decline of the Reid/Banner empire.

The boys have ended the last two years 8-8, losing the last game and division title to the other two teams in the division.

The way I look at it, not much has changed in Dallass...and much has changed here, we owe them a thumping and I think that is what we will get.
xsv
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Dec 26 2013, 12:53 PM) *
The most recent game you cite is 3 years ago in the middle of the decline of the Reid/Banner empire.

The boys have ended the last two years 8-8, losing the last game and division title to the other two teams in the division.

The way I look at it, not much has changed in Dallass...and much has changed here, we owe them a thumping and I think that is what we will get.

I didn't mean to imply that I thought this was the same team.

I only meant that out of the last 4 or 5 big games we've had (we really haven't had a big game in the last couple of years) 3 of them were against Dallas, and we lost.

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (xsv @ Dec 26 2013, 02:08 PM) *
I didn't mean to imply that I thought this was the same team.

I only meant that out of the last 4 or 5 big games we've had (we really haven't had a big game in the last couple of years) 3 of them were against Dallas, and we lost.

Why was the 2010 season ender a big game?

Edit: A quick look indicates that we sat our starters that game, in preparation of the playoffs.
xsv
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 26 2013, 01:13 PM) *
Why was the 2010 season ender a big game?

After going back and looking it up, though, it looks like we were only playing for pride, becuase we already had the 3rd seed locked up.

But, we had just come off the unexpected loss to the Vikings, and needed to regain some confidence.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (xsv @ Dec 26 2013, 02:21 PM) *
But, we had just come off the unexpected loss to the Vikings, and needed to regain some confidence.

Kolb started and James Harrison was our RB. They certainly weren't treating it like that.

The end of 2009, they were the better team. As we were at the end of 2008. I don't think there is any real trend at this point.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.