Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: St Nick in Philadelphia
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Another Merry Christmas!
* Nick Foles has thrown 25 TD passes this year. Tom Brady has 24. That in and of itself is worth a “wow”. It gets even crazier. Foles has thrown 291 passes this year. Brady has attempted 604. Think of that efficiency. Foles has more TD passes with fewer than half as many throws. That is simply astounding.

* Foles is 3rd in the NFL in the percentage of passes that result in a 1st down. 40.2 percent of his throws are for 1st downs. Only Peyton and Philip Rivers are ahead of him.
St. Nick
rumply
Dont think it is fully appreciated yet by the football community at large just how good a season Foles is having.
Jax
And he still will have only played 11 games in this season after this week, right?
Flying Dutchman
QUOTE (Jax @ Dec 24 2013, 09:36 PM) *
And he still will have only played 11 games in this season after this week, right?

Yep so extrapolate by a ?third? and what kind of numbers do you see? I love the kid, always have, but he is setting standards for himself that are historically unattainable. I mean this is now beyond all comprehension. We are struggling for rational explanations.
Birdwatcher
Here is what Shady thinks of Foles:

LeSean McCoy, asked about Foles during McCoy's 94WIP radio show last night, said he'd been working with the low-key QB to try to develop some "swagger."

"People don't know this about Nick, but he is a competitor," McCoy said. "Like, bad, though. I thought I was bad. He's bad . . . He's a leader. He's a young, born leader. He doesn't overstep his boundary, because he is young, but just enough - if the line [to be overstepped] is at 10, he's at 9.5. He's right there. Next year, depending on what happens - I feel he is our quarterback - he's going to be an amazing leader" as the unchallenged starter.

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles...JiZZ3VMkc5xH.99
Jax
No thanks to the Shady swagger... Foles should be teaching McCoy how to be more like Foles.
Foles Cheesesteaks
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Dec 24 2013, 11:31 PM) *
Here is what Shady thinks of Foles:

LeSean McCoy, asked about Foles during McCoy's 94WIP radio show last night, said he'd been working with the low-key QB to try to develop some "swagger."

"People don't know this about Nick, but he is a competitor," McCoy said. "Like, bad, though. I thought I was bad. He's bad . . . He's a leader. He's a young, born leader. He doesn't overstep his boundary, because he is young, but just enough - if the line [to be overstepped] is at 10, he's at 9.5. He's right there. Next year, depending on what happens - I feel he is our quarterback - he's going to be an amazing leader" as the unchallenged starter.

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles...JiZZ3VMkc5xH.99

Weird quote by McCoy. Next year "depending on what happens"? Huh?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.