Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Didn't someone say they wanted to see a full 4 quarters?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
xsv
I think this was pretty demonstrative.

I'd still like to see Foles play this well with a ton of pressure on him, but color me impressed.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (xsv @ Dec 23 2013, 11:36 AM) *
I think this was pretty demonstrative.

I'd still like to see Foles play this well with a ton of pressure on him, but color me impressed.

Yep, great performance all game long. Which is what we need. If you look at the stats in a vacuum, you fail to recognize the little things that keep drives alive and put extra points on the board.

It keeps the opposing offense off the field and puts pressure on them to keep up with the scoring. It also allows us to run the ball more consistently, because our QB can be counted on to complete chain moving passes to extend drives.

These are the things we didn't do against the Vikings and for much of the McNabb/Vick eras. It's why accuracy and decision making are the most critical components of playing the position.

These are the kind of performances we need from Foles every game moving forward. He has to complete throws on third down, not take sacks, and not turn the ball over. If we get those three things, we can compete with any team in football.
Zero
I'm impressed by some of the things he's doing. The pump fake that opened Avant and the way he threw to Cooper in the end zone when he was covered. Lots of these little things that make me wonder what he'll be like when he gets more games under his belt.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Zero @ Dec 23 2013, 11:59 AM) *
I'm impressed by some of the things he's doing. The pump fake that opened Celek (?) and the way he threw to Cooper in the end zone when he was covered. Lots of these little things that make me wonder what he'll be like when he gets more games under his belt.

He's going to be a star. If he's not already. He's absolutely our QB of the future, which couldn't be more exciting...knowing that guy is on the roster. It basically assures us of a decade of competitive football...and hopefully much more.
Zero
It was Avant, not Celek.
Flying Dutchman
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 23 2013, 11:04 AM) *
He's going to be a star. If he's not already. He's absolutely our QB of the future, which couldn't be more exciting...knowing that guy is on the roster. It basically assures us of a decade of competitive football...and hopefully much more.

Excuse my being here. I think I accidentally signed on to a parallel universe Wingheads board. laugh.gif laugh.gif
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Flying Dutchman @ Dec 23 2013, 12:41 PM) *
Excuse my being here. I think I accidentally signed on to a parallel universe Wingheads board. laugh.gif laugh.gif

Dutch, you clearly need to start reading every post I make on this board smile.gif

I've been on the Foles wagon for several weeks. At this point, I'm convinced that my criticisms of him are because I have higher expectations for him that most everyone else. I've seen what he is capable of and I expect that out of him on a weekly basis.

Foles is going to have a fantastic career. We're lucky to have him.
Flying Dutchman
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 23 2013, 11:48 AM) *
Dutch, you clearly need to start reading every post I make on this board smile.gif

I've been on the Foles wagon for several weeks. At this point, I'm convinced that my criticisms of him are because I have higher expectations for him that most everyone else. I've seen what he is capable of and I expect that out of him on a weekly basis.

Foles is going to have a fantastic career. We're lucky to have him.

I got that McNabby, I just couldn't control the urge to needle ya!!!!!
Rick
QUOTE (Zero @ Dec 23 2013, 10:59 AM) *
I'm impressed by some of the things he's doing. The pump fake that opened Avant and the way he threw to Cooper in the end zone when he was covered. Lots of these little things that make me wonder what he'll be like when he gets more games under his belt.

On the throw to Cooper, I said (out loud) as he rolled right, "There's nobody open." Right as he found Cooper in the back of the endzone. That was a very nice play.

And that pump fake had me faked, too. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.