Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another bad night for Foles?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
laugh.gif

My point really is that the defense made a 180 turn since shitting the bed against the Vikings. As well as the offense played last night the defense just totally humiliated the second highest scoring offense in the NFL. WHOOSH!

C'mon Dallas.
mcnabbulous
Pass rush was the difference on defense tonight. Awesome performance.
Flying Dutchman
Trent Cole has been coming on so strong in this 2nd half of the season that I have to seriously reconsider my thoughts and expectations of his role in this D. He now has several 2, 2 and 3 sack games strung close together. I think he has earned Kelly's respect and now I expect him to be back.
Phits
QUOTE (Flying Dutchman @ Dec 23 2013, 11:35 AM) *
Trent Cole has been coming on so strong in this 2nd half of the season that I have to seriously reconsider my thoughts and expectations of his role in this D. He now has several 2, 2 and 3 sack games strung close together. I think he has earned Kelly's respect and now I expect him to be back.

It's refreshing to see Cole still explosive and effective this late in the season. I had become used to him disappearing at this point for the last several seasons.
Zero
Maybe that sports science voodoo is really working.
Flying Dutchman
QUOTE (Phits @ Dec 23 2013, 12:18 PM) *
It's refreshing to see Cole still explosive and effective this late in the season. I had become used to him disappearing at this point for the last several seasons.

I think we all have watched that and expected more of the same plus the additional problems he faced of adjusting to a new position, in a new type of D for new position and head coaches. That's a lot for anybody, for most unmanageable. Like Z says below, the "Voodoo" is a big part IMO. Course, I have been preaching the benefits of hardcore training, diet and supplementation for years and I have been disgusted with any pro player who failed to get on the train to improved performance and professional and personal longevity. Hell, I've been disgusted with every family member, friend and acquaintance who has thumbed his/her nose at health and longevity. I'm really glad to see the guy get his life and career back in top shape.
Flying Dutchman
Domo agrees about the "Voodoo":
"Going into this season, 50 1/2 of Cole's 71 career sacks had come in the first 10 games of the season. But that was before Kelly's team of sports scientists started working their magic on Cole and other thirtysomething players. A couple of weeks ago, Cole said he's never felt so strong this late in the season. His play would seem to support that.
Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles...i1VVQS.99"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.