Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: If we lose to Dallas
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
mcnabbulous
We simply didn't earn our spot in the playoffs. We are a better team, with better coaching. If we lose next Sunday, it's because we didn't show up.

At this point, no team could feel safe meeting us in the playoffs. If our A team shows up, we are a force.
SpudDogg
Cowboys fans are shitting themselves right now, guaranteed.

After almost blowing it against WAS today, then seeing this Eagles performance.

Dreagon: be afraid
Chip Kelly
I also would like to say that should we lose next Sunday, we should be disappointed, but not too disappointed. This team is making huge strides and honestly, how many Eagles fans expected us to be contending for the division title in Chip's first year?

I also agree with the OP. There is no excuse for us to lose next week. Show up, do your thing, and you'll be good. Dallas seriously sucks and woulda lost today if Washington was halfway decent. Holy fuck are they terrible.
JeeQ
Couldn't agree more. No excuses for losing next week. We're the better team right now
HOUSEoPAIN
I also would like to say that should we lose next Sunday, we should be disappointed, but not too disappointed.

I predicted 9-7, winning the division and getting obliterated in the first round. The only way we hit 9-7 is by watching that cocksucker Tony Romo beat us to end our season, while prolonging theirs.
I know I shouldn't bee 'too disappointed,' but it's Dallas. Losing next week would be very tough, regardless of how we have had an encouraging season.
Chip Kelly
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Dec 23 2013, 12:53 AM) *
I predicted 9-7, winning the division and getting obliterated in the first round. The only way we hit 9-7 is by watching that cocksucker Tony Romo beat us to end our season, while prolonging theirs.
I know I shouldn't bee 'too disappointed,' but it's Dallas. Losing next week would be very tough, regardless of how we have had an encouraging season.

Yeah, it's easy for me to say I won't be that disappointed after watching what we just watched. Come next Sunday, my opinion will probably change. Fuck Dallas.
mcnabbulous
I'd be disappointed because my expectations have been altered. I figured we were a 7-9 to 9-7 team, but the defensive growth has exceeded my expectations. If we lose to Dallas, it's a loss that shouldn't happen on paper and I would be rightly bummed.

At this point, I think we can win any game, assuming our ass rush shows up.
Dreagon
QUOTE (SpudDogg @ Dec 22 2013, 10:23 PM) *
Dreagon: be afraid

I think what is interesting is how many Cowboys fans are ambivalent about this game. If we were to somehow win, then we could look forward to getting murdered in the playoffs after a 9-7 season, but Jerry pointing at it as progress and keeping Garrett on another couple of years. Honestly, I think he's gotten to the point of defiance at this stage and will keep him regardless, which is what we really fear. He seems to think of Garrett as his Landry....and Garrett ain't Landry.

As for the game itself, I give you guys the edge. To be blunt, you guys have the more talented roster and the better coached team. But i think it's going to be a lot closer than a lot of people think. We get up for division games this year.
Rick
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Dec 23 2013, 01:05 AM) *
As for the game itself, I give you guys the edge. To be blunt, you guys have the more talented roster and the better coached team. But i think it's going to be a lot closer than a lot of people think. We get up for division games this year.

I'm not sure I'd say they get up for division games. I'd say others have gotten down when playing them. Washing should have won yesterday. Certainly the Eagles played badly on offense the last time they played them--injuries or not.

The only concern I have about this game is the Eagles pulling an Eagles like they have so many times over their history. If the Eagles' offense even remotely shows up, I see no reason they don't put up 40 points against that defense which is horrid (at best). Problem is, they have a history of playing down to defenses (over the years) in big games.

Obviously, our defense is still a question mark. They lay a rotten egg last week against the Vikings and come out last night and totally destroy a very good offense last night. Which one shows up next week?

To be clear, I am concerned about this game because of what it is. However, the Eagles really should win this game easily...should win it easily.
Jax
If we are a team that could beat teams in the playoffs then we will beat this Dallas team. If we do not beat this Dallas team then I agree that we didn't earn the playoffs. That said, losses to the Chargers and Giants were killers. Playing terrible against Dallas and Minnesota didn't help either. The Charger and Giant games were the worst in my opinion though. Should have won those two games.
Jax
QUOTE (Rick @ Dec 23 2013, 06:47 AM) *
I'm not sure I'd say they get up for division games. I'd say others have gotten down when playing them. Washing should have won yesterday. Certainly the Eagles played badly on offense the last time they played them--injuries or not.

The only concern I have about this game is the Eagles pulling an Eagles like they have so many times over their history. If the Eagles' offense even remotely shows up, I see no reason they don't put up 40 points against that defense which is horrid (at best). Problem is, they have a history of playing down to defenses (over the years) in big games.

Obviously, our defense is still a question mark. They lay a rotten egg last week against the Vikings and come out last night and totally destroy a very good offense last night. Which one shows up next week?

To be clear, I am concerned about this game because of what it is. However, the Eagles really should win this game easily...should win it easily.

I agree with this. My other concern is being at Dallas and now being a night game. They moved our time two weeks in a row. I guess we should take that as a compliment.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Rick @ Dec 23 2013, 06:47 AM) *
They lay a rotten egg last week against the Vikings and come out last night and totally destroy a very good offense last night.
Which one shows up next week?

We went into Minnesota thinking we were going to easily pick up a W, and got wrecked. Last night, Chicago came in here facing
a team that had a 'meaningless' game, expecting a gimme, and got wrecked.

I would think the Dallas game will be close and will come down to a field goal.
Wheeljack
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 22 2013, 11:22 PM) *
We simply didn't earn our spot in the playoffs. We are a better team, with better coaching. If we lose next Sunday, it's because we didn't show up.

At this point, no team could feel safe meeting us in the playoffs. If our A team shows up, we are a force.

I think that the offense has to have a good first half. that is key on Chip's playcalling, and Foles showing the attributes that endear him to many Eagle fans. the defense will come through if that's the case.

but yes, if the Eagles lose to Dallas, they have no reason being in the playoffs. once there..? I think it's anyone's game. If it worked for the VaGiants, it should work with a QB in Foles who is markedly better than that BUM who wears a blue uniform and currently leads the NFL in INTs, and a defense with some of the same weaknesses as that team he played. There is no Strahan/(S)uck/JP(ee)P(ee) on this team, though.

___
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 22 2013, 11:22 PM) *

By virtue of them losing, they don't earn a playoff spot. It's like saying "if the 49ers don't beat the Ravens in the Superbowl then they don't deserve to win the Superbowl".

Obviously.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (___ @ Dec 23 2013, 03:02 PM) *
By virtue of them losing, they don't earn a playoff spot. It's like saying "if the 49ers don't beat the Ravens in the Superbowl then they don't deserve to win the Superbowl".

Obviously.

Not quite. If the 49ers and Ravens played 10 times, I suspect the 49ers would win 5-6 of those games. Those teams were relatively evenly matched.

My point is that we are a superior team to the Cowboys. While our record indicates we are about the same, the Nick Foles led Eagles are 7-2. We are significantly better than the Cowboys and have no excuse for not going in there and taking care of business.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.