Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shady has 2,000 yards
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
HOUSEoPAIN
Only Westbrook and Montgomery have done that as Eagles, and there's still one game left to jump up the ladder. What a great player.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Dec 22 2013, 10:59 PM) *
Only Westbrook and Montgomery have done that as Eagles, and there's still one game left to jump up the ladder. What a great player.

He's truly a pleasure to watch. And this offense makes it that much more enjoyable.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 22 2013, 11:02 PM) *
He's truly a pleasure to watch. And this offense makes it that much more enjoyable.

If not for the Denver hick, he'd be a lock for MVP. We haven't had an MVP since Norm Van Brocklin in 1960, I think McNabb finished 2nd one year.

Rick
So where are all of those guys saying the Eagles can't run the ball with Foles at QB?
Jax
QUOTE (Rick @ Dec 23 2013, 06:47 AM) *
So where are all of those guys saying the Eagles can't run the ball with Foles at QB?

Yes, role call? Please check in and identify yourself.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Rick @ Dec 23 2013, 06:47 AM) *

I don't think anyone said we can't run with Foles. It was that Vick made our running game more dangerous. Foles' performance in the passing game is so much better that any dropoff in the running game is irrelevant.

xsv
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 23 2013, 10:23 AM) *
Foles' performance in the passing game is so much better that any dropoff in the running game is irrelevant.

Not to mention that there's been no dropoff in the running game.

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (xsv @ Dec 23 2013, 11:29 AM) *
Not to mention that there's been no dropoff in the running game.

Sure there has. It hasn't been dramatic, but Shady was averaging closer to 6 yards a carry when Vick was our full-time starter. Now he is closer to 5.

And Vick was averaging nearly double Foles yards per carry.

We averaged 198 yards per game on the ground over the first 4 games of the year, when Vick played the majority of the game.

In Foles' games as starter, our ground game has averaged about 160 yards per game.

Like I said, not dramatic, especially when combined with the significant improvement to the passing game, but our running attack isn't as lethal with Nick at QB.
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 23 2013, 04:42 PM) *
We averaged 198 yards per game on the ground over the first 4 games of the year, when Vick played the majority of the game.

I think 4 games is too small of a sample size to base any opinion on.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Dec 23 2013, 11:07 AM) *
I think 4 games is too small of a sample size to base any opinion on.

That's probably fair, but we don't have any other information to go on. It's all irrelevant though, because the passing game has been so superior, that any drop in running success is moot.
Rick
I don't think anyone said we can't run with Foles. It was that Vick made our running game more dangerous. Foles' performance in the passing game is so much better that any dropoff in the running game is irrelevant.

There were some people who said that in not so many words. I found it funny at the time and even more funny now.

Either way, I'm just glad we're playing for something in game 16 for a change. Feels good to care about football at this point in the season again.
D Rock
I get where mcnabulous is coming from in this. There is no denying we struggled in the run game more the first couple of games sans Vick. What brought it back around was the lil wrinkle Chip put in when it became apparent ends we're crashing down on the back and not respecting Foles. Kelly startd accounting for the previously unblocked end by brining the TE across the formation to trap block. That move alone put the rush game back on track.

So it was true that shady couldn't run THE SAME WAY w Foles under center. But the scheme adjustment made it also true that he could run w Foles. It was just gonna be different than it was w Vick.
mcnabbulous
The split zone play is definitely the primary staple of their running game at this point. I wonder what defenses are going to do to try to slow it down.
Jax

Several said our running game would disappear.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.