Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why We Need to Play Everyone tongiht
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
One word................

TIES.

If Dallas wins and goes to 8-7 and we sit everyone and lose to CHI, we will be 8-7.

We go to Dallas and win and we're in.

We go in and lose and we're out.

But if WE TIE, we're out.

We win vs CHI, and we tie DAL we're in.

Play them for the odd chance that we tie. We've all been around Philly sports long enough to know that if someone will lose out on an elimination game with a tie, it will be us!!
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 22 2013, 09:47 AM) *
Play them for the odd chance that we tie. We've all been around Philly sports long enough to know that if someone will lose out on an elimination game with a tie, it will be us!!
Play them because they need the experience. This team is at the starting gate of their era and they need as much learning time as they can get. Next year could be a quantum jump for these guys they way things are going.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Dec 22 2013, 11:58 AM) *
Play them because they need the experience. This team is at the starting gate of their era and they need as much learning time as they can get. Next year could be a quantum jump for these guys they way things are going.

If not for the tie possibility, as remote as it is, I don't play the starters if it truly means nothing.

What is the stat? Every game you play, an average of close to 3 players per team get hurt so that they can't play the next week and another two get injured so that they are questionable for the next week and questionable players performance is not up to the level that they would play if healthy.

IMO, I play them b/c of the tie, otherwise they sit.
Dreagon
On the other hand, it would be sorta crazy to risk injuries to Foles, McCoy, etc over a game that means almost nothing.
20dawk
Sit foles mccoy and don't have desean on returns or across the middle. Sit desean in second half.

Start in their place Vick, brown, in second half maehl.

The oline may not be blocking as well as they could cause they know it means nothing to lose. They won't wanna get hurt and it may be worth resting some of them. Barbe can play LT for peters.

Put graham in at OLB all game and see if he can play. If not we know we can move on in the offseason. This is a preseason game as far as I'm concerned.

If we can't beat dallass I don't wanna be in the playoffs. Phuck a tie.
nephillymike
QUOTE (20dawk @ Dec 22 2013, 04:20 PM) *
Sit foles mccoy and don't have desean on returns or across the middle. Sit desean in second half.

Start in their place Vick, brown, in second half maehl.

The oline may not be blocking as well as they could cause they know it means nothing to lose. They won't wanna get hurt and it may be worth resting some of them. Barbe can play LT for peters.

Put graham in at OLB all game and see if he can play. If not we know we can move on in the offseason. This is a preseason game as far as I'm concerned.

If we can't beat dallass I don't wanna be in the playoffs. Phuck a tie.

Knowing they can win the division with a tie could give either us or DAL an advantage in strategy late in next week's game
Rick
Hold on, aren't we still playing for a #3 seed?
Jax
QUOTE (Rick @ Dec 22 2013, 05:09 PM) *
Hold on, aren't we still playing for a #3 seed?

yes
Dreagon
Of course, if you win tonight you have the chance to go into the playoffs with a respectable 10-6 record.
Rick
QUOTE (Jax @ Dec 22 2013, 05:43 PM) *
yes

That's what I thought. I'd rather go in a 3 seed than a 4 seed. We might get NO in Philly. Tough team but not the same team on the road as they are in NO. Much more beatable on the road for sure.
20dawk
QUOTE (Rick @ Dec 22 2013, 05:56 PM) *
That's what I thought. I'd rather go in a 3 seed than a 4 seed. We might get NO in Philly. Tough team but not the same team on the road as they are in NO. Much more beatable on the road for sure.

We won't be going to NO in the wildcard round regardless of seeding. If we make the playoffs it's a home game first. Then the rest will be on the road unless we r the 3 and play the NFCCG against the 4th or 5th seed being that we would have beaten the 6th and 2nd seed already.
JeeQ
From a purely momentum and morale standpoint I don't want to go into Dallas in the highest pressure game of the season on a 2-game losing streak. Not to mention after Foles last game against Dallas I want him coming in with the utmost confidence in himself before the biggest game of his life. Then there's the fact it's a home game. We just finally started winning games at home after a year of losses; I'd very much like to keep the wins going there especially if we come right back for the playoffs. Lastly this team let a 3rd string QB and RB hang 50 points on them last week. They haven't earned the right to have a fucking break.
JaxEagle
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Dec 22 2013, 08:53 PM) *
From a purely momentum and morale standpoint I don't want to go into Dallas in the highest pressure game of the season on a 2-game losing streak. Not to mention after Foles last game against Dallas I want him coming in with the utmost confidence in himself before the biggest game of his life. Then there's the fact it's a home game. We just finally started winning games at home after a year of losses; I'd very much like to keep the wins going there especially if we come right back for the playoffs. Lastly this team let a 3rd string QB and RB hang 50 points on them last week. They haven't earned the right to have a fucking break.

Absolutely
Jax
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ Dec 22 2013, 07:55 PM) *
Absolutely

Weird. My old screen name came back for a post. Anyway, game time! Let's go!
bwc2112
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 22 2013, 09:47 AM) *
One word................

TIES.

If Dallas wins and goes to 8-7 and we sit everyone and lose to CHI, we will be 8-7.

We go to Dallas and win and we're in.

We go in and lose and we're out.

But if WE TIE, we're out.

We win vs CHI, and we tie DAL we're in.

Rick
QUOTE (20dawk @ Dec 22 2013, 06:30 PM) *
We won't be going to NO in the wildcard round regardless of seeding. If we make the playoffs it's a home game first. Then the rest will be on the road unless we r the 3 and play the NFCCG against the 4th or 5th seed being that we would have beaten the 6th and 2nd seed already.

That's kinda what I said (about NO). And that's kinda the point I was making about the game meaning something.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.