Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking forward
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Bocadelphia Eagles John
No matter how I visualize it, either way, we lose and I get the shits and spend the entire next off season with a bad taste in my mouth. The entire future hurts my head.

v the Bears ... I don't like that game, not one bit.
v the Girls ... I don't like that game, not one bit
IF we continue to play .... no matter who it's up against, I don't like it.
IF we STILL continue to play ... I don't care who it's against, I don't like it.
IF by some miracle we STILL continue to play .... I really don't like this one.
AND if it snows and we get to play anyway despite all odds .. I DEFINITELY do not like that one.

Basically, I'm fucked. There is no way I can survive this season without a straight jacket and a lot of injections.
Maybe there will be a wildcat strike and no more games will be played. Maybe I'll get to shag Amy Adams too.

It's Tuesday, and I'm depressed no matter what might be. Would I be better off had we lost 2 more games earlier this year ? Probably not.

It's tough, being an Eagles fan. We're fucked.
mcnabbulous
Just be happy that we're playing meaningful football in December. We may not make the playoffs, and if we do, we'll likely lose quickly, but these meaningful games are gravy compared to most of our preseason expectations.

And we'll be clamoring for any Eagles football soon enough.

Enjoy it cheers.gif
mcnabbulous
dupe
20dawk
Gówno
SAM I Am
QUOTE (Bocadelphia Eagles John @ Dec 17 2013, 02:40 PM) *
No matter how I visualize it, either way, we lose and I get the shits and spend the entire next off season with a bad taste in my mouth. The entire future hurts my head.

IF we STILL continue to play ... I don't care who it's against, I don't like it.
AND if it snows and we get to play anyway despite all odds .. I DEFINITELY do not like that one.

Basically, I'm fucked. There is no way I can survive this season without a straight jacket and a lot of injections.
Maybe there will be a wildcat strike and no more games will be played. Maybe I'll get to shag Amy Adams too.

It's Tuesday, and I'm depressed no matter what might be. Would I be better off had we lost 2 more games earlier this year ? Probably not.

Good grief sad.gif Now I feel like getting in a nice warm bath and opening up my veins.
rumply

Yeah, pretty much unsure.gif
Birdwatcher

WTF Boca! Man up, all you said means you CARE again. We are not fucked, we are already 2X better than last year, no matter what happens next. Davis was getting generally average players to play above their heads, then they started to believe they were better than they were and the Vikes would roll over, hopefully lesson learned. Foles wasn't perfect, but he got 30 points on the board, despite some rough patches he played fairly well for his 14th career start. It wasn't until this last game that we started to think they could win out, everyone poo pooed the 'trap' game possibility, and everyone was picking this as an easy win. Coaches, team, and fans forgot that we had to play solid fundamental football all the time. They didn't and they lost.

Just watch how guys play, lower the expectations for this year, we already exceeded reasonable expectations. The way I see it we can't help but be better next year. I am in win this coaching staff, just a little short on talent in some places. Just relax and realize that after years of erosion, it looks like things are on the upswing again, just don't be too impatient, or overly invested with the current roster.
Birdman420
You are putting too much emotional stock in a season that had no expectations my man
Phits
QUOTE (Birdman420 @ Dec 18 2013, 12:37 PM) *
You are putting too much emotional stock in a season that had no expectations my man

That's the problem with success. You can never go backwards. With the results from last season, many people thought Washington would be a dominant player in the NFC. Who would have thought they would be bottom feeders 1 year after winning the division handily.
D Rock
QUOTE (Phits @ Dec 18 2013, 06:13 PM) *
That's the problem with success. You can never go backwards. With the results from last season, many people thought Washington would be a dominant player in the NFC. Who would have thought they would be bottom feeders 1 year after winning the division handily.

Who would have thought? I would have. And did.

I predicted RGIII was toast after Shanny and his dipshit son ruined him in last years playoffs. Honestly, their duplicitous bullshit treatment of that kid is borderline actionable in my opinion. As an eagles fan, I love it . . . but much of me feels badly for the guy. Too bad Shannys gone after this year. I would have loved him to stay in foreskin country for another decade.

Going forward, I would put RGs chances at retaining control of his career at about 50/50 which is just plain sad.
nephillymike
I said 9-7 and we're not there yet. I basically had a 8-8 game by game analysis and added a W b/c I said Chip's coaching will get us one I didn't think we'd get.

We win one of two and it gets me where I'd thought we'd be. Hopefully it's the right one as you know I take Dallas losses harder than most fans.

I am disappointed in the D, and happy about our good fortune of breaks (playing GB w/o Rogers etc)

I am perfectly happy to have Wash beat Dal and us take care of business Sun night.

A meaningless game in Dal is fine by me.
Wheeljack

if the Cowboys game actually means something this year, then good. I don't like the Eagles' chances against Chicago too much (Cleveland has a better defense than the Eagles and a comparable QB, but no running game and I'd take the Eagle WRs over there, but they still got jobbed, even with Cutler throwing 2 Eli Specials early in the game).

there's still a good chance for 10-6. I'm not too worried about the Cowboys unless Jason Garrett actually has a good coaching day.

if the Eagles get in the playoffs, the rest doesn't matter. they were managed from 4-12 to 2x the number of wins (at least).
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Wheeljack @ Dec 20 2013, 01:41 PM) *
(Cleveland has a better defense than the Eagles and a comparable QB...)

Congrats, you've just cracked the top-5 most ridiculous posts on this board.
xsv
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 20 2013, 01:49 PM) *
Congrats, you've just cracked the top-5 most ridiculous posts on this board.

lol, and I thought you and KAL were the only nutcases here.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (xsv @ Dec 20 2013, 02:59 PM) *

Yeah, my controversial opinions consist of:

• Andy Reid is a great coach
  • McNabb wasn't a great QB after 04
  • OT's are overvalued in the draft

I'm just ahead of my time. History will be kind to me.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (xsv @ Dec 20 2013, 02:59 PM) *

KAL seems to have evolved a bit.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.