Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Scenarios for next week
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Chip Kelly
- If the Eagles win and the Girls lose, the Eagles win the division. The final game does not matter.

- If the Eagles lose and the Girls win, the division comes down to the final game.

- If they both win, same deal? Comes down to the last game.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Chip Kelly @ Dec 15 2013, 09:04 PM) *
- If the Eagles win and the Girls lose, the Eagles win the division. The final game does not matter.

- If the Eagles lose and the Girls win, the division comes down to the final game.

- If they both win, same deal? Comes down to the last game.

Correct. Makes today's loss hurt a bit more, knowing we could clinch with a win next week. Would have allowed us to rest guys in week 17.
make_it_rain
Also, if Dallas wins the early game at Washington, the Bears game becomes meaningless. Might as well just rest the starters at that point.
mcnabbulous
Good point.
make_it_rain
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 15 2013, 09:52 PM) *
Good point.

I just looked through the scenarios and it wouldn't be 100% meaningless, as there would be implications about getting a 3 seed vs. a 4 seed. But for all intents and purposes, its meaningless.
nephillymike
According to this site, linked by Dreagon, it looks like we can't get a wild card now.

Makes sense. If we win two, we get the division. If we split, that gives us 7 losses and it is not possible for any of the current four loss teams to get to seven losses.

Bummer. A win today made that a possibility and like you said, a clinching poss next week also.

It's division crown or nothing and either a #3 or #4 seed.

We need to win.

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NFL/NFC/NFC...iladelphia.html

SLOiggles
I agree with the aforementioned post and find it to be actually very interesting. If Dallas beats Washington, regardless of what a win does, is it worth it to risk the starters' health when you play Dallas next week? It's the home finale, on SNF, so surely a decision like that wouldn't gain much appreciation ala the NBA & San Antonio. But it's a worthy debate nonetheless.

I think you have to try to rebound and this time it's against a team that could very well be in the tournament. Play them, let the chips fall in their place (no pun intended), and hope you come away with some momentum to take into Jerruh World.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Dec 15 2013, 09:04 PM) *
I just looked through the scenarios and it wouldn't be 100% meaningless, as there would be implications about getting a 3 seed vs. a 4 seed. But for all intents and purposes, its meaningless.

The possibility of getting the #3 seed in fact makes that game have all the meaning in the world IMO - any move up the ladder that allows you to have more playoff games at home is important.
Zero
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Dec 16 2013, 11:13 AM) *
The possibility of getting the #3 seed in fact makes that game have all the meaning in the world IMO - any move up the ladder that allows you to have more playoff games at home is important.

We had a better chance of beating the Vikes than we do da Bears. And has the monkey jumped off their backs at the Linc?

I think they need to play to win no matter the scenario. This team is too young and needs the big game experience. They need to continue playing together, IMO.
canadianeagle
I was at my first eagles game yesterday -- what a bummer,

My buddy and I were also discussing the various possibilities. While losing yesterday was a tough pill to swallow, the loss by Dallas went a long way in healing those wounds. It basically gives the Eagles an amazing opportunity to win the division.

It also sets up an opportunity for Foles to play in the most important game of his career. I'm really looking forward in seeing how he deals with that pressure.
Dreagon
You forgot the scenario where the proximity of Jerry Jones to Dan Snyder causes a critical mass of dumb to accumulate and the whole city implodes into a black hole of stupidity and sinks to the center of the earth.

Rick
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Dec 16 2013, 02:39 PM) *
You forgot the scenario where the proximity of Jerry Jones to Dan Snyder causes a critical mass of dumb to accumulate and the whole city implodes into a black hole of stupidity and sinks to the center of the earth.

That's kinda funny.
Chip Kelly
I see Chip playing the starters no matter what Dallas does.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (Zero @ Dec 16 2013, 01:01 PM) *
I think they need to play to win no matter the scenario. This team is too young and needs the big game experience. They need to continue playing together, IMO.

I'm with you Zero. I don't care what happens earlier in the day. Play the Bears to win and get that bad taste out of their mouths that the viqueens left them with.

If, IF, they get an insurmountable lead, then of course you pull most of your starters. Except for the entire secondary. They need all the punishment, er I mean, work they can get biggrin.gif
make_it_rain
QUOTE (Chip Kelly @ Dec 16 2013, 05:56 PM) *
I see Chip playing the starters no matter what Dallas does.

Yeah Chip came out and stated today at his presser that he's playing the starters regardless. I'm not really surprised.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.