Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Classic Let Down
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
D Rock
A washed up nobody under center w a 3rd string RB and our defense steps aside so they can hang a 50 burger on us.

Offense was spotty. Foles missed his share, receivers dropped their share, blocking and coaching get a cut too.

But this stink bomb goes to the defense. They seem to have been listening to and believing the hype, and thought they could get a win by just showing up.

make_it_rain
QUOTE (D Rock @ Dec 15 2013, 06:56 PM) *
A washed up nobody under center w a 3rd string RB and our defense steps aside so they can hang a 50 burger on us.

Offense was spotty. Foles missed his share, receivers dropped their share, blocking and coaching get a cut too.

But this stink bomb goes to the defense. They seem to have been listening to and believing the hype, and thought they could get a win by just showing up.

Foles also took some REALLY bad sacks too, in the worst possible spots. Sometimes you have to roll out and just get rid of it. To me, that was the worst part of his performance. He missed some throws, and put up some ducks, but wasn't too bad in the passing department. What concerned me most was the indecisiveness and taking those sacks. Peters getting shit on by Jared Allen didn't help either though.

The defense, and the lack of talent, finally had the cover pulled from underneath them today. Chung and Williams in particular were an embarassment.

Let's not overlook coaching though. Chip's shit with the pooch kicks, and his refusal to move away from it, was flat out retarded. If you're OK with giving them the ball at the 40 every kick, why not just onside it every time?

D Rock
Agreed in all. Chung has been terrible since the rookie went down.

For me, the apparently lengthy amount of time it took us to adjust to the fact they were playing zone is what bothered me most.

We've seen little beyond man-free all season.
Rick
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Dec 15 2013, 06:46 PM) *
Let's not overlook coaching though. Chip's shit with the pooch kicks, and his refusal to move away from it, was flat out retarded. If you're OK with giving them the ball at the 40 every kick, why not just onside it every time?

We were saying the exact same thing.

I also still don't know why we abandoned the run game. McCoy is the leading rusher in the NFL and he got 8 carries (8 CARRIES!!!). WTF Chip!!??
Wheeljack
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Dec 15 2013, 06:46 PM) *
Foles also took some REALLY bad sacks too, in the worst possible spots. Sometimes you have to roll out and just get rid of it. To me, that was the worst part of his performance. He missed some throws, and put up some ducks, but wasn't too bad in the passing department. What concerned me most was the indecisiveness and taking those sacks. Peters getting shit on by Jared Allen didn't help either though.

The defense, and the lack of talent, finally had the cover pulled from underneath them today. Chung and Williams in particular were an embarassment.

that penalty on the one "really good and gutsy" Chip Kelly play call was a killer, too.

but WTMFF was that BS with the pooch kicking? Why do you spot a team like the Vikes half the field (just about) on kickoffs? Cassel isn't Tom Brady but he's proven that if you give him Tom Brady's team (or equivalent = capable WRs, a RB, and a defense whose strength is in the front four) he will light you up. and that's what they did.

Ironic that it was the Vikes again, then again... not so much. Leslie Frazier has the number of the Eagles' hot hand.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.