Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Expectations Today and the Rest of the Year
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
My expectations for today are that the Eagles go into Minnesota and dominate a hobbled 3-9 team that has the 27th ranked defense.

We should start to see the offensive dividends that we were missing for most of the year, when our defense struggled to get off the field quickly. The defensive turnaround should allow the offense an extra 2-3 posssessions and with even up or better time of possession, I expect this offense, the most efficient in the league, to dominate. Defensively, we should be able to eliminate the run and force Cassell into pass unfreindly downs and distances.

Eagles 38
Vikings 20

For the rest of the regular season, I expect the team will split it's final two games. Who they win or lose against may determine their playoff fate. Lose to CHI and beat DAL, they win the division. Do the opposite, we prolly need a WC berth, although maybe the combo of Cousins vs. Romo will surprise next week. If we need to go the WC route, we need one of SF or CAR to lose two of three. Go NYJ, go TB!!

I know this may be seen as a downer, but I just don't think it is reasonable to expect us to go 8-0 to close out the season, and to get to 11 wins, that's what we need to do.

So let's take care of business today, control what is in our hands, and then watch a few other outcomes hopefully go our way.
20dawk
Super Bowl or bust just like every other year.
HOUSEoPAIN
We would probably host Car or SF in the first round of the playoffs. I can't say I'd feel great about either game, but if we were to win then we're officially contenders. What a turnaround this year.
Flying Dutchman
Just to be in this position exceeds my expectations by miles. I am giddy over the progress we have made. If we even show some more improvements in these last 3 I will smile all Winter. If we actually get into the post-season I will be ecstatic. Remember how young this team is.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Flying Dutchman @ Dec 15 2013, 01:03 PM) *
Just to be in this position exceeds my expectations by miles. I am giddy over the progress we have made. If we even show some more improvements in these last 3 I will smile all Winter. If we actually get into the post-season I will be ecstatic. Remember how young this team is.

cheers.gif

nephillymike
well apparently, nobody on our team had Eagles -7!!

should have fucking known.

so much for the defense being good.
bwc2112
QUOTE (Flying Dutchman @ Dec 15 2013, 01:03 PM) *

Truly a man of wisdom. Started with a shoe string and ended up with some shoes. And nice ones at that. We've done better than most in a rebuild mode. Dutch, I like your style.
nephillymike
bwah!!

Mikey the Moosh needed a DAL win to win his work pool and the jinx works for us for once.

I accept blame for betting Eagles and all its ramifications, but I will take credit (and great delight) in the melt down.

I'm coaching b-ball at 7:30 and when I left the house, I saw the INT overturned and figured F! they're gonna win.

At half time I see a text from my brother in law saying "You gotta love Romo in Dec". At first I thought it was one he sent about the first INT before it was overturned. Then I look at the time and it was sent at 7:45. I ask the guy keeping the book at the scorers table and he checks his phone and yes they lost 37-36. Told the team at halftime warmups and word spread to both benches and throughout the gym and both sides were smiling ear to ear.

Good finish to a F'd up day!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.