Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Peterson, Gerhart Officially Out
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
make_it_rain
It's the Matt Asiata show now. This guy has 3 career carries lifetime.

Still, this isn't college ball where there are gimme cupcake games on the schedule, it's absolutely critical to avoid a letdown/trap. I read somewhere that if the games were 59 minutes long, the Vikings would be 8-5 instead of 9-3. It's in the dome, and they've lost a lot of close games, VERY late in the game I might add. Can't be too quick to look past this.

Have to really like the eagles chances with Peterson and Gerhart out though. Not to mention that they have two corners (Rhodes, Robinson) out as well. No excuses here. If you can't beat a team this nicked up, this late in the season, then you don't deserve to go to the playoffs.
Zero
I get the sense that Kelly has the team pretty well grounded. When he says the Vikes are a very good team, I think the players are buying it for the most part.

Like most others, Kelly has really grown on me. Reid had a lot of good years as a coach here, maybe Lurie isn't the geek nerd momma's boy some people thought he was.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Dec 15 2013, 02:32 AM) *
It's the Matt Asiata show now. This guy has 3 career carries lifetime.

Who knows... When opportunity knocks, some guys rise to the occasion knowing that it may be their one and only really big chance to shine. Just ask Riley Cooper.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Dec 15 2013, 12:11 PM) *
Just ask Riley Cooper.

Or Joe Webb. We should win, but they better not be looking past it. I trust Kelly to keep them going.
Flying Dutchman
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Dec 15 2013, 12:11 PM) *
Who knows... When opportunity knocks, some guys rise to the occasion knowing that it may be their one and only really big chance to shine. Just ask Riley Cooper.

Bad example. Cooper was gonna shine somewhere if not here. Between DJ and Mac in front of him, the remnants of Reid over him and with his injury behind him, the kid was gonna make it. Thank God for Kelly and Foles who both realized that and took advantage of it.
make_it_rain
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Dec 15 2013, 01:18 PM) *
Joe Webb.

I thought we don't mention that name in these parts?

Also, worth pointing out that a win today means that at the absolute worst case, we can't be out of it before week 17. Depending on the outcomes of other games, the eagles can either lock it up in week 16, or get to play for division in week 17.
Flying Dutchman
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Dec 15 2013, 12:57 PM) *
I thought we don't mention that name in these parts?

Also, worth pointing out that a win today means that at the absolute worst case, we can't be out of it before week 17. Depending on the outcomes of other games, the eagles can either lock it up in week 16, or get to play for division in week 17.

Who would have believed this back in July????
JeeQ
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Dec 15 2013, 09:18 AM) *
Or Joe Webb. We should win, but they better not be looking past it. I trust Kelly to keep them going.

Ah yes, how could we ever forget getting beat by two third string QBs in back to back weeks. Can never discount any team
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.