Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Don't look now but there's a storm brewing in DC
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
HobbEs
RG3 benched, a rift between RG3 and Shanahan, friction between Snyder and Shanahan, etc. It's a beautiful thing.

The best part is that they mortgaged their future for RG3 and have little to no cap space to go on a free agent spree. It's this sort of thing that makes you appreciate the way Lurie has managed the team here.

BTW, it couldn't have happened to a better team and fan base!
nephillymike
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Dec 11 2013, 01:32 PM) *
RG3 benched, a rift between RG3 and Shanahan, friction between Snyder and Shanahan, etc. It's a beautiful thing.

The best part is that they mortgaged their future for RG3 and have little to no cap space to go on a free agent spree. It's this sort of thing that makes you appreciate the way Lurie has managed the team here.

from a selfish standpoint, I wanted RG3 benched b/c the way he is playing, Cousins gives us a better chance at them beating Dallas.

The thing is, Shanahan doesn't have the balls to come out and say RG3 isn't starting b/c he hasn't played well enough to earn it. They use a bogus excuse
HOUSEoPAIN

A year ago I thought the Skins would be the top of the division for the next decade. How times change.....
nephillymike
Apparently, Shanahan is using this to cause friction and bring his dismissal to a head. He is careful not to slam RG3 in the process pretending he is doing it for his health.

Problem with mobile QB's. If one of your wheels goes, b/c you always relied on that as an out to skip going thru late progressions, you are hamstrung as a decision maker and QB.
Eyrie
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 11 2013, 06:49 PM) *
Problem with mobile QB's. If one of your wheels goes, b/c you always relied on that as an out to skip going thru late progressions, you are hamstrung as a decision maker and QB.

Sounds familiar .....

Hopefully RG3&10 will skip Ron Mexico's dog fighting years and go straight to the conducting himself with dignity phase.
Zero
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Dec 11 2013, 02:35 PM) *
A year ago I thought the Skins would be the top of the division for the next decade. How times change.....

But you forgot they Snyder factor. biggrin.gif
Jax

Yes it could. It could've happened to the Giants wink.gif
TGryn
FWIW the Redskins' cap penalty expires at the end of the season, so they'll have more cap room this coming offseason than they've had in a couple of years.

I wouldn't write off RGIII just yet. If he was just a running QB who couldn't throw, he wouldn't have gone 2nd overall in the draft.
make_it_rain
Make no mistake, Griffin can throw, the dude's got a cannon. The question, and what he has shown struggles with this season, is if he can throw accurately.

I don't know what the hell happened this season but he has very clearly regressed. I'd think you could improve his throwing skills with coaching, but at least from what we've seen so far the guy really comes off as a self centered diva, which makes coaching someone like that pretty challenging. It will certainly be interesting to see what he does once Shanahan is canned, and if Snyder can get a staff in place that can get him back in form. It will certainly be interesting to hear the excuses the RGSitTheLast3 apologists trot out if he continues to struggle next season as well.

I do agree that Cousins would probably give them a better chance to beat Dallas, so hopefully Kirk can do us a solid.
HobbEs
I liked Cousins coming out of college. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if these last 3 games are just to showcase him so that they can trade him and recoup some picks.
Wheeljack

"mortgaging the future" is what FC Snyders does and always has done under his ownership.

while most will be pointing and laughing @ RG3, had he been drafted to the Browns, like he was projected to be, they would be leading the AFC North right now. Cincinnati has a poor man's Stafford at QB. Steelers and Ravens suck, and Cleveland drafted the worst QB in the NFL bar none (I'd honestly take Gabbert over "the real non-defense reader" Weeden). The backups have out played him so much I wouldn't doubt RG3 would be an upgrade.

The real story is that Shanahan was a HORRIBLE hire. He wanted to be GM AND Coach (remember when Andy did that?), he hired his son as OC, and he has SUCKED. Confirmed all last season (and especially its ending). McNabb was 100% correct about that. Anyone doubting has breath on par with a hot open dumpster.

Screw Shanny and Snyder. Cousins is gonna flop, too. Hopefully not against Dallas, though.
nephillymike
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Dec 12 2013, 02:21 PM) *
I liked Cousins coming out of college. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if these last 3 games are just to showcase him so that they can trade him and recoup some picks.

I heard Casserly say that the Skins could hae gotten a first round pick for Cousins last year. Seemed way out of line to me, but I would think if he plays well in these last three, he can get a high second. First round would be a stretch.

Could Foles get us a 1st?? (And No i'm not trading him)
Jax
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 12 2013, 06:19 PM) *
I heard Casserly say that the Skins could hae gotten a first round pick for Cousins last year. Seemed way out of line to me, but I would think if he plays well in these last three, he can get a high second. First round would be a stretch.

Could Foles get us a 1st?? (And No i'm not trading him)

I don't think a high second. Andy Reid toying with the Dolphins and Cardinals taught the league a lesson.
JeeQ
It has, is, and always will be Shanahan. I was terrified when I heard the Eagles were considering bringing him in.
MistahNickells
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Dec 13 2013, 02:52 PM) *
It has, is, and always will be Shanahan. I was terrified when I heard the Eagles were considering bringing him in.

ditto
Dreagon
I hope Dan Snyder lives to be 150, because he is the only thing standing between us and having the most embarrassing owner in the NFL. Having said that, I hate to hear that RG3 is benched because at this point Cousins worries me more.
TGryn
Pretty damning interview with Lou Riddick, who worked in the Redskins front office, about what's wrong in Washington:
http://espn.go.com/blog/washington-redskin...louis-riddick-2
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.