Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Roy Halliday retires
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Bocadelphia Eagles John
today ... signed a one day contract to allow him to retire as a Canadian.

Thank you Doc. You gave us some good stuff. Sorry age and body caught up with your game.
TGryn
Sad ending to a great career, he was a real pleasure to watch pitch. He's a guy who you could point younger pitchers to as a exemplar of how to go about preparing for each game.
mcnabbulous
His playoff no-hitter is one of the best moments I've enjoyed as a Philly sports fan. I remember seeing him throw 2 pitches and think to myself, "Roy has it today." Little did I know.
nephillymike
Those two great seasons were awesome.

Red Doctober!!

Thanks Doc. Sad that your body gave out.

You gave it all you had and I appreciate it.

Enjoy retirement.
Jax
Agree. Loved having him and watching his masterful pitching. I also admired his demeanor and competitiveness and work ethic. He helped us in more ways than just when he was on the mound.
bwc2112
WHO ? unsure.gif
SAM I Am
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 9 2013, 05:26 PM) *
His playoff no-hitter is one of the best moments I've enjoyed as a Philly sports fan. I remember seeing him throw 2 pitches and think to myself, "Roy has it today." Little did I know.

The perfect game was one of the best moments for me. Luckily, I watched the entire game from start to finish.

By the time he was through the 3rd inning, I texted a couple of friends and told them, you better put this game on, because I have a feeling we are going to see something real special. You could tell just from the start.

The movement he had on the ball that day was just unfreakingreal. I don't know how anybody even got their bat on the ball.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (bwc2112 @ Dec 9 2013, 07:09 PM) *
WHO ? unsure.gif

Go kill yourself.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Dec 9 2013, 07:11 PM) *
Luckily, I watched the entire game from start to finish.

laugh.gif

That game happened to be the same night as Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Finals, with our own Flyers taking on the Blackhawks. Therefore, I missed about 7 innings of it
before my phone started blowing up with texts, and I got to watch the last part of it. I'm sure any Phillies fan who missed most of it due to the hockey game can be
forgiven.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.