Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Our 1st TD drive, right after they went up 14-0
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Birdwatcher
By tossing the 44 yarder to Coop followed by the 19 yard TD to Jackson, Detroit suddenly had to respect the pass. Their D stopped crowding the box and 25 was able to go off...the fact that Foles went 7-9 once the comeback started kept them honest and stupid looking trying to get to Shady in the open field. Foles had a 10 QBR in the first half. Ended the game with a 73.9, but if Celek took the TD it would have been a 90.9. He is the man, today he answered the last questions people were asking. Barring an injury, he is the franchise quarterback now.

D Rock
As a Texas boy, via Arizona . . . I figured he would struggle in those conditions. He absolutely did first half. But the way he, coaching, and the team pulled itself together at the break is the stuff that can go on to define this new regime.

They exhibited a toughness that we've not seen in far too long.

I'm over the moon with this win.
Rick
I have to agree, I am officially SOLD on Foles now. Showed he can play through adversity. Played in shitty conditions, helped bring the team back, threw his first interception, helped win the game in a BIG game. Not sure what else anyone needs to see from this kid.

I still wish Celek had taken that last one in. smile.gif
Zero
QUOTE (D Rock @ Dec 8 2013, 10:57 PM) *
As a Texas boy, via Arizona . . . I figured he would struggle in those conditions. He absolutely did first half. But the way he, coaching, and the team pulled itself together at the break is the stuff that can go on to define this new regime.

They exhibited a toughness that we've not seen in far too long.

I'm over the moon with this win.

Dude, how about the OL in that last quarter. Holy shhhhhit! Man, those guys were on F I R E!
D Rock
Agreed.

I said in another thread my "game ball" goes to Kelce who simply OWNED Suh throughout the 2nd half. Made him his bitch. The celebration in the endzone after the Foles sneak for TD was a thing of beauty.

Mcnabulous' favorite Iggle, Lane Johnson was jumping up and down like a freaking JV Cheerleader and Kelce gets up, snow caked in his beard like Duck Dynasty gone to the tundra combined with the defeated look on the defensive players in white was almost more joy than this man could handle.

Just plain ole simple "line up and blow your man off the line" SMASHMOUTH NFC East Football, BABY!!!

I'm still high.

Go Bears!!!!
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Dec 9 2013, 07:47 PM) *
Agreed.

I said in another thread my "game ball" goes to Kelce who simply OWNED Suh throughout the 2nd half. Made him his bitch. The celebration in the endzone after the Foles sneak for TD was a thing of beauty.

Mcnabulous' favorite Iggle, Lane Johnson was jumping up and down like a freaking JV Cheerleader and Kelce gets up, snow caked in his beard like Duck Dynasty gone to the tundra combined with the defeated look on the defensive players in white was almost more joy than this man could handle.

Just plain ole simple "line up and blow your man off the line" SMASHMOUTH NFC East Football, BABY!!!

I'm still high.

Go Bears!!!!

Yep, our interior offensive line (free agent, 6th rounder, 4th rounder) owned.

biggrin.gif
D Rock
It's funny how bad Reid was at drafting in the first 3 rounds, he was double that GOOD in the later rounds.

Cole, Kelce, Celek . . .

Is there a finer group of 5th and 6th round picks in the league?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Dec 9 2013, 08:10 PM) *
It's funny how bad Reid was at drafting in the first 3 rounds, he was double that GOOD in the later rounds.

Cole, Kelce, Celek . . .

Is there a finer group of 5th and 6th round picks in the league?

Edit: I can't read.
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 9 2013, 06:55 PM) *
Yep, our interior offensive line (free agent, 6th rounder, 4th rounder) owned.

Yep, he owned that 2nd pick overall.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.