Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ALL IN! ALL IN!
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Birdwatcher
Chip, Nick and the gang just proved it all today.

28 4th quarter points!
JeeQ
Let this be a lesson... Forget burning down the clock, burn down the scoreboard!
SAM I Am
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Dec 8 2013, 04:15 PM) *
Chip, Nick and the gang just proved it all today.

28 4th quarter points!

Shady gets my star of the game today.
BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Dec 8 2013, 05:16 PM) *
Let this be a lesson... Forget burning down the clock, burn down the scoreboard!

hell yea!!

and here i was more than willing to give them a pass for this loss with the weather mess i saw from the beginning

then they win this game too...lol. amazing!
20dawk
Hell yea. That was a sweet game. God I wish I was there. Anyone that went needs to show some pics of that. Man I'm so excited and so envious of people who got to go. The only thing I'm happy about, about not being there is leaving the lots. Good luck everyone. Be patient.
Chip Kelly
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Dec 8 2013, 04:16 PM) *

Yup, fuck what the other team thinks. You don't want us to run up the score? Stop us.
Zero
But nice move by Celek at the end. Game closer, class move.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Dec 8 2013, 08:41 PM) *

I was thinking about that. I think he should have scored.

They were up by 14 at the time. Score and you're up 20 min or 22 max with two mins or so left in the game.

Unlike Westbrook a few years ago where he stopped short so the other team wouldn't get the ball back with a chance to go ahead with one possession?

In Celek's situation, why not score?
deathstorm78
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 8 2013, 07:54 PM) *

They were up by 14 at the time. Score and you're up 20 min or 22 max with two mins or so left in the game.

Unlike Westbrook a few years ago where he stopped short so the other team wouldn't get the ball back with a chance to go ahead with one possession?

It was reported that Reggie Bush reinjured himself during warm ups stepping on ice or snow.

Good call in my opinion. End the game and save teammates from any potential injury.

D Rock
We'll be talkin about this one for the duration of our lives! To be watching that game . . . in those conditions . . . poolside drinking bloodies (10:00 am kickoff here) was simply a perfect PERFCT day!

Go Iggles!!!

nephillymike
QUOTE (D Rock @ Dec 8 2013, 09:33 PM) *
We'll be talkin about this one for the duration of our lives! To be watching that game . . . in those conditions . . . poolside drinking bloodies (10:00 am kickoff here) was simply a perfect PERFCT day!

Go Iggles!!!

I bet that water felt cold just watching the game didn't it??

Meanwhile us back here in Philly, go t some shoveling in to enjoy the moment and my boys went out after the game and played tackle football in the snow.

Great day for sure.
Rick
QUOTE (BirdsWinBaby @ Dec 8 2013, 05:00 PM) *
hell yea!!

and here i was more than willing to give them a pass for this loss with the weather mess i saw from the beginning

then they win this game too...lol. amazing!

I' with you. I was having that conversation with my buddy while we watched the game. Normally, I'd be panicked about the team after that first half. I was panicked about the game but not the team. Then BAM! Foles says, "Shut up! I'm trying to win here!"
Rick
QUOTE (Zero @ Dec 8 2013, 08:41 PM) *

Bah...nobody would have said two words about him had he scored that TD at that point. I wish he had taken it in. They earned it.
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 8 2013, 09:54 PM) *

What Deathstorm said. Why risk anyone getting hurt? You'd have at least two more plays with people running around slamming into one another. I think it was class not to run it up and smart not to invite M*A*S*H.
D Rock
No doubt.

It was a selfless act by a great Eagle. A TD there would have served Celek well. But the right move in that situation is to do what he did. They never ran another snap that wasn't in the Victory formation.

nephillymike
QUOTE (D Rock @ Dec 9 2013, 06:52 PM) *
No doubt.

It was a selfless act by a great Eagle. A TD there would have served Celek well. But the right move in that situation is to do what he did. They never ran another snap that wasn't in the Victory formation.

That could impact the 5th tiebreaker for the wild card spot!!
D Rock
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 10 2013, 12:11 AM) *
That could impact the 5th tiebreaker for the wild card spot!!

laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.