Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Eagle fan gets accolades as pass rusher
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Source ...
Curry has quietly been one of the most effective interior rushers for the season, and he stood out—despite not having a sack—against the Cardinals by finishing tied for third with 3.25 Pressure Points: one sack assist, one drawn hold, three hurries and one hit.

For the season, Curry has a total of 16.25 Pressure Points in just 160 pass rushes. If we threw out the minimum of 200 pass rushes, Curry’s rate of 10.2 would be second among interior rushers to J.J. Watt (41.2 Pressure Points in 397 rushes—10.4).
Curry was buried on the bench but it seems that Davis has found a way to use his talents. I like Curry, and I'm starting to think that we were all pretty wrong about Davis' hire as DC. Davis' resume wasn't earth moving, Foles' resume wasn't and, if memory serves neither was JJ's before Andy brought him to town.

Wouldn't it be really cool if the Eagles actually reversed the trend of shitty drafting and hiring of the past ... 10 years?
nephillymike
Yeah, he Curry and Davis have done a real nice job.

Even though I doubted the hire, he and all Eagles coaches have been very engaging and straightforward as has Howie and after being insulted constantly by Banner. Reid, Washburn et al over the years, I appreciate that.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 8 2013, 10:59 AM) *
Yeah, he Curry and Davis have done a real nice job.

Even though I doubted the hire, he and all Eagles coaches have been very engaging and straightforward as has Howie and after being insulted constantly by Banner. Reid, Washburn et al over the years, I appreciate that.

Azzinaro, the DLine coach, deserves special props for making the line as good as it is, especially since all the players had to learn the new system. He used sopaoga until the youngsters learned their roles and now that he is gone they look look pretty damn good.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.