Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This Will Be a Tough Game
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
DET is about the same talent as ARI, more dynamic on offense, not as good on defense.

Here are some comparisons:

DET PPG 27.2 vs PPGA 23.9 = +3.3
PHI PPG 25.0 vs. PPGA 23.4 = +1.6

DET YPG 424.5 vs. YPGA 344.9 = +80
PHI YPG 403.6 vs. YPGA 412.2 = (9)

DET Yds. per play = 6.1 vs. 5.6 YPPA = +0.5
PHI YPP 6.1 vs. YPPA 5.5 = +0.6

DET -8 T/O Differential
PHI +7 T/O Differential

DET = 4.2 YPC
PHI = 4.8 YPC

Covers Inc handicapping has DET favored by 1.5 on a neutral field, 1.5 pt dog at the Linc.
Actual Spread is PHI favored by 2.5

The numbers against ARI were similar, with them having slightly better stats, but despite keeping the better stats in the game, their numerous turnovers lead to a narrow PHI win.

We need to convert the trend 0f +1 T/O differential vs DET (8=7/13 games) and ride that to a hard fought win as the home team that wins the T/O battle wins the game 87% of the time historically, 90+% this year.

We should have the weather in our favor, although I don't know if we have any experience this year in the cold?

But this one big nugget I heard on WIP the other day is huge in our favor:

Matt Stafford is 1-22 when playing against teams that have a winning record at the end of the season. So out of all the times he's played a team that has finished that year above .500, he is 1-22 against them. I'll hang my hat on that!!

Big, big game!!
Chip Kelly
Who's gonna cover Megatron? That is the question. I'm not really concerned with much else.
Zero
The did a decent job on Fitz which surprised me. I think Stafford is a better QB though.
Bocadelphia Eagles John
Next game is HUGE for us. We win, that's good, then we face 3 more important games. We lose, that makes all 3 of remaining CRITICAL.

I don't take Detroit for granted. They're not leading their division for nothing. And we're counting on Foles to be able to keep on keeping on. This game WON'T be easy, which is exactly why I am so darned STOKED for it.

December, and being stoked for next Eagles game. THAT right there is a thing of unexpected beauty.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EAGLES !!!!
make_it_rain
What a great time.

The next 4 games are all pseudo playoff games. You can't really ask for more, except for ACTUAL playoff games, I guess. But still, it's nice to take stock of the fact that this team is right in the thick of it going into each Sunday for the rest of the season.

This game's huge not just to keep pace / put pressure on the Dallas, but for opening the Wild Card route to the postseason. 49ers play Seattle in the 4 oclock game, and we would own the tiebreak over the 49ers at this point (conference record) for the last wildcard spot. A win against the Lions, and a SF loss, puts the Eagles in the six spot owning tiebreaks over Arizona, Detroit and (for now at least) San Francisco.

nephillymike
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Dec 6 2013, 04:44 PM) *
What a great time.

The next 4 games are all pseudo playoff games. You can't really ask for more, except for ACTUAL playoff games, I guess. But still, it's nice to take stock of the fact that this team is right in the thick of it going into each Sunday for the rest of the season.

This game's huge not just to keep pace / put pressure on the Dallas, but for opening the Wild Card route to the postseason. 49ers play Seattle in the 4 oclock game, and we would own the tiebreak over the 49ers at this point (conference record) for the last wildcard spot. A win against the Lions, and a SF loss, puts the Eagles in the six spot owning tiebreaks over Arizona, Detroit and (for now at least) San Francisco.

yeah, I forgot how important that Sf game is. People are saying Sf will win, but the way SEA looked last week, I hope not. Go Seahawks
Flying Dutchman
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 6 2013, 09:19 PM) *
yeah, I forgot how important that Sf game is. People are saying Sf will win, but the way SEA looked last week, I hope not. Go Seahawks

Yeah as a one time Portlander, I want the Seasqwauks to kick some butt. I just hope they lay off the maryjane until after the game so they keep up their ferocious D LOL.
Jax
It is a challenge for us. I have to admit I am only somewhat confident in this one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.