Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What to do
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
20dawk
Would you bring him back on a one year deal or would you lock him up long term? Do you think he fits in the slot being that he has pulled up on passes before? If he demands big bucks would you give it to him?

I've been going back and forth on what to do with maclin if I was involved in the decision. Personally I would bring him back and let him use his quickness in the slot or inside wr position even next to cooper or desean. Hell anyone think we should just bump cooper inside and say bye bye to avant? I think avant will be hard pressed to make the team anyway so the slot, slot is open. I would give him a one year deal with bigger bucks. He's most likely to get more years elsewhere but if we show that we are interested just concern about his health he could chose to stay. Idk that's my take on the situation. What's yours?
mcnabbulous
I can't speculate on what the interest will be elsewhere, but I think it makes sense to try to bring him back. Assuming he's healthy, his speed provides the ability to stretch the field. Chip having access to one more weapon is something I'd like to see.

Avant's done. He's arguably the worst slot guy in football this year. I appreciate his years here, but he's not getting it done anymore.

Desean is our best slot guy. Having the 3 of those guys on the field at the same time could present some nice matchups.
nephillymike
Yeah I agree on Avant, sad to say.

I would bring Maclin back, definitely.

When you think we got close to nothing from #4 and #5 Maehl and Johnson, we definitely need to draft one.
Zero
How about Benn?
Jax
I like Avant as a player and guy but he has slipped. Having great hands doesn't matter if they cover you like a blanket.

As for Maclin, I'd like to see him on a 1-yr deal even if we would then have to pay more if he proves himself once again. I also agree we should grab some WR's in the offseason.
20dawk
QUOTE (Zero @ Dec 5 2013, 06:32 AM) *
How about Benn?

Benn's an interesting case. He has the size and speed but can he stay healthy? Is he even a good wr? He'd get a bare minimum offer if I was in charge.
make_it_rain
I'd like to see them bring him back for an incentive laden deal. Without Mac WR is a pretty glaring need for this team, that would likely have to be addressed in the first few rounds of the draft. Getting him back adds depth and speed, and they could then focus on other needs early in the draft.

I'm not sure how realistic that is, though. The free agent market is pretty thin this year, I woudln't be surprised if Mac decided to test the waters if the team tries to lowball him.
Jax
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Dec 5 2013, 10:17 AM) *
I'd like to see them bring him back for an incentive laden deal. Without Mac WR is a pretty glaring need for this team, that would likely have to be addressed in the first few rounds of the draft. Getting him back adds depth and speed, and they could then focus on other needs early in the draft.

I'm not sure how realistic that is, though. The free agent market is pretty thin this year, I woudln't be surprised if Mac decided to test the waters if the team tries to lowball him.

I agree the negotiations could play out that way.

Maclin's speed was above average pre-injury but I didn't think of him as elite in the speed department. Can we expect his speed to still be a weapon post-injury?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.