Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Better to be lucky than good
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
SpudDogg
Foles lucked out getting a mulligan on that pick.

Refs gave this one to us. I'll take it though, seems to go the other way WAY too often.
JeeQ
We're now almost even for the Arizona playoff game... almost... dry.gif
samaroo
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Dec 1 2013, 05:23 PM) *
We're now almost even for the Arizona playoff game... almost... dry.gif

No way, not even close. I still sleep with the light on because of that game.
nephillymike
QUOTE (SpudDogg @ Dec 1 2013, 04:13 PM) *
Foles lucked out getting a mulligan on that pick.

Refs gave this one to us. I'll take it though, seems to go the other way WAY too often.

Don't forget about the hold on DSJ TD run that was Waaaay on the other side of the field.

That one for ARI, took points off the board. The few that went our way didn't.
samaroo
And the PI calls seemed to be really inconsistent.
Zero
If you're referring to that last, controversial call I absolutely agree that it was a hold. The defender grabbed the shirt of the receiver as he was trying to get off of his block and get open. I have no idea what Johnson was looking at when he said it was a bad call.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Dec 1 2013, 08:22 PM) *
If you're referring to that last, controversial call I absolutely agree that it was a hold. The defender grabbed the shirt of the receiver as he was trying to get off of his block and get open. I have no idea what Johnson was looking at when he said it was a bad call.

Johnston was looking at his memory of how much the Philly fans hate him, that's what he was looking at.
D Rock
QUOTE (SpudDogg @ Dec 1 2013, 09:13 PM) *

Bullshit.

The refs sucked equally both ways. They could have called holding on dJaxs coverage on that same play. On AZs first TD, they had 2 (TWO) offensive lineman dragging Kendricks down from behind as he blitzed the A gap and they held the flag.

They were letting them play a physical game both in the trenches and down the sideline. I thought they missed a half dozen calls each way.

How bout . . . "It's better to be lucky AND good"?
samaroo
I wasn't referring to any particular play. I just thought the plays they flagged late were the same plays they didn't flag early. And even when they were calling penalties late, they didn't call all of them. A dozen missed calls in the second quarter never get talked about on ESPN like ONE call late in a close game. The refs weren't biased, and they didn't favor either team, they were just very inconsistent (i.e., sucked.)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.