Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It's official FOLES named starter for the rest of year
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Bocadelphia Eagles John
Chip says so, appearing on official site.

Now we're sure who's who and what's what. Team can get down to serious biz in practice leading up to the scary game against the crudnals
CT_Eagle
This is what I wanted all along. A full season to see if Foles can get the job done. So far I am not disappointed. The fact that the Eagles are in a playoff hunt is just gravy for me.

Watching Eagle's football is fun again.

Thank you Chip!
mcnabbulous
This Cardinals defense scares me. Big test for Nick.
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Nov 27 2013, 04:20 PM) *

There are several good tests during the rest of the season.

The Cards are 7-4, Det is 6-5, Chi is 6-5 and of course Fole's gets a second crack at Dallas.

That is 4 games against teams that are currently over .500 and in playoff races of their own. I don't think the Eagles are good enough to consider any of these games as automatic wins. Should be a fun end to the season.
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Nov 27 2013, 11:20 AM) *

The Cards D is like Oakland was...plenty of flash against weaker opponents. They remind of the NY Giants and their 4 game winning streak, that ended vs Dallas. Carson Palmer isn't what he was in Cincy and their offense is opportunistic. If we limit our turnovers we should be able to light them up.

This is advertised as a big test for Chip's offense. All we have to do is play Chip ball. The Cards offense isn't potent and are able to play catch up, so strike first, fast and often. The Saints did it....we just have to follow suit.
mcnabbulous
The Cards defense is ranked second by Football Outsiders. They are formidable. Patrick Peterson is a star and they have athletic linebackers that can match up with Shady.

Their recent success against us is no joke. That defense is legit.

I agree that their offense isn't a scary group, but Fitz always gives us problems. It's going to be a good game.
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Nov 27 2013, 08:45 PM) *
The Cards defense is ranked second by Football Outsiders. They are formidable. Patrick Peterson is a star and they have athletic linebackers that can match up with Shady.

Their recent success against us is no joke. That defense is legit.

I agree that their offense isn't a scary group, but Fitz always gives us problems. It's going to be a good game.

Oakland was a top 10 D...just saying.

As for recent success, this is their first look at Chip ball...we should give them phits...fitz...fits.
mcnabbulous
Oakland is currently ranked 23 by FO. Arizona is second. They are nothing alike.

FO isn't just taking one statistical anomaly into consideration. Their defense is in the upper echelon in the league. I'll agree that seeing Chips offense imposes some challenges, but Bowles also knows our players and weaknesses. It's a tough matchup.
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Nov 27 2013, 09:14 PM) *
Oakland is currently ranked 23 by FO. Arizona is second. They are nothing alike.

FO isn't just taking one statistical anomaly into consideration. Their defense is in the upper echelon in the league. I'll agree that seeing Chips offense imposes some challenges, but Bowles also knows our players and weaknesses. It's a tough matchup.

Oakland wasn't ranked 23rd before we beat them.

Bowles knew our players. This new system has reinvented some of them. It has found a way to make some of the duds look like real players. Keep in mind that football outsiders has us ranked 4th in offense vs the Cards 25th ranked.

I will confess that this past weeks Colts game has me scratching my head. I didn't see much of it, from what I did Luck looked out of sorts, which is uncharacteristic of him. Up until that game the Cards beat who they should beat (lower tier teams) and lost to the good ones. I had considered the Colts to be a better team than their performance.

In any event, this week-end's game is one that I am looking forward to.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Nov 27 2013, 09:29 PM) *
Oakland wasn't ranked 23rd before we beat them.

Bowles knew our players. This new system has reinvented some of them. It has found a way to make some of the duds look like real players. Keep in mind that football outsiders has us ranked 4th in offense vs the Cards 25th ranked.

I will confess that this past weeks Colts game has me scratching my head. I didn't see much of it, from what I did Luck looked out of sorts, which is uncharacteristic of him. Up until that game the Cards beat who they should beat (lower tier teams) and lost to the good ones. I had considered the Colts to be a better team than their performance.

In any event, this week-end's game is one that I am looking forward to.

Oakland was ranked 20th by FO before we beat them. Like I said, not in the same class.
Arizona is also the last team to beat the Panthers.

Jax
What is football outsiders? A website I assume. Fantasy Football guys or what? Where is Arizona's defense in Points Allowed?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Jax @ Nov 27 2013, 10:04 PM) *
What is football outsiders? A website I assume. Fantasy Football guys or what? Where is Arizona's defense in Points Allowed?

Not fantasy. Advanced statistics for football. Trying to bring objective analysis similar to the advanced stats in baseball. So they look at things beyond just points and yards and focus on opponents and situations.

For instance, a team that gives up a bunch of points or yards in garbage time won't be penalized as much.

Fwiw, Arizona is currently 8th in points against.
Jax
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Nov 27 2013, 10:40 PM) *
Not fantasy. Advanced statistics for football. Trying to bring objective analysis similar to the advanced stats in baseball. So they look at things beyond just points and yards and focus on opponents and situations.

For instance, a team that gives up a bunch of points or yards in garbage time won't be penalized as much.

Fwiw, Arizona is currently 8th in points against.

Makes sense. Sounds like Arizona has a good defense either way you look at it.
Phits
Looks like Davis had a better handle on the opposition than Bowles. +1 for the Eagles new era
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.