Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Playoffs? We're Talking About Playoffs?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

This is a dream for a what-if addict like myself.
mcnabbulous
That's great. I had us winning each week until week 17 and sneaking into the playoffs when the Cardinals beat the 49ers in week 17. We got the 6th seed and matched up with Dallas in Dallas in the first round.

In all of my scenarios, we needed to beat the Cardinals this week to have a chance.
Dreagon
I tend to keep an eye on this one....

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NFL.html
nephillymike
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Nov 25 2013, 08:40 PM) *
I tend to keep an eye on this one....

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NFL.html

Good one. Our chances dropped by 8%. DAL improved significantly.
Dreagon
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Nov 25 2013, 07:46 PM) *
Good one. Our chances dropped by 8%. DAL improved significantly.

What gives me a twinge of evil glee is looking at how the Giants chances had gone to the celler, and then they did a little uptick right before we ended them. BWAHAHAHA! (I really don't like the Giants tongue.gif )
Wheeljack
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Nov 25 2013, 08:55 PM) *
What gives me a twinge of evil glee is looking at how the Giants chances had gone to the celler, and then they did a little uptick right before we ended them. BWAHAHAHA! (I really don't like the Giants :P )

neither do I, and I was actually rooting for Dallas in that game. Romo, even. I don't want to see the Giants pull off their "every few years, take some games off, then sneak into the playoffs because the rest of the division sucks" game. not ever again. it has elevated a BUM to Super Bowl champ, twice.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Wheeljack @ Nov 26 2013, 02:38 PM) *
it has elevated a BUM to Super Bowl champ, twice.

rolleyes.gif

Doesn't winning two Super Bowl MVPs while outdueling the greatest QB in NFL history (not to mention an 18-0 team) at minimum disqualify you from being called a bum?!?!? I hate Eli as much as the next Eagles fan, but c'mon. He's never missed a game, he's gotten NY 2 goddam rings on the tail end of our 'decade of success,' and he's about as clutch as you can get in the playoffs.
Dreagon
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Nov 26 2013, 01:50 PM) *
rolleyes.gif

Doesn't winning two Super Bowl MVPs while outdueling the greatest QB in NFL history (not to mention an 18-0 team) at minimum disqualify you from being called a bum?!?!? I hate Eli as much as the next Eagles fan, but c'mon. He's never missed a game, he's gotten NY 2 goddam rings on the tail end of our 'decade of success,' and he's about as clutch as you can get in the playoffs.

The only reason he was Super Bowl MVP was because they couldn't give the truck to the entire Giant defensive line. Those guys are who won those games for the Giants.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Nov 26 2013, 02:53 PM) *
The only reason he was Super Bowl MVP was because they couldn't give the truck to the entire Giant defensive line. Those guys are who won those games for the Giants.

The Giants defense played very well - so did New England's defense. Manning and Brady's stats for both games were nearly identical - a slight edge to Manning in completion pct., yards, and they both had the same TD/INT numbers. Yet if NE won both games, Brady would've been given the MVP and nobody would've batted an eye. Manning got it done when it counted, and while I'm sure we all hate him, saying he's a 'bum' is just as stupid as some moron saying McNabb wasn't a legitimate NFL QB.
Dreagon
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Nov 26 2013, 02:54 PM) *
Manning and Brady's stats for both games were nearly identical - a slight edge to Manning in completion pct., yards, and they both had the same TD/INT numbers.

That's exactly my point. They were only close to identical due to the Giants defense. Compare Brady's stats in that game to the games he played in the regular season and playoffs. He usually dwarfed Manning. Those were not even close to equal quarterbacks. (and I don't like Brady, but lets get real) Manning had a game that was not far outside his norm, while the Giants defense managed to do what nobody else had managed to do....pressure Brady to the point he was playing at Manning's level. They were the true Super Bowl MVP's
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Nov 26 2013, 04:05 PM) *
He usually dwarfed Manning. Those were not even close to equal quarterbacks.

No shit, that's what I would expect the greatest QB ever to do. And in their 2 head-to-head championship matchups, Eli outdueled him. I'm done with this conversation, as I've defended Eli enough for one lifetime in this thread - I'm simply saying that calling him a bum is absolutely stupid.
make_it_rain
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Nov 26 2013, 05:13 PM) *
No shit, that's what I would expect the greatest QB ever to do. And in their 2 head-to-head championship matchups, Eli outdueled him. I'm done with this conversation, as I've defended Eli enough for one lifetime in this thread - I'm simply saying that calling him a bum is absolutely stupid.

I would gladly take the grimiest of bums if he could get this team ONE ring. Hell, I'll go down to 15th and market right now in the rain and start taking signups.

Eli always gonna Eli. Streaky play, that doltish look on his face, that sad look when he bows his head after throwing a pick.....BUT

Would you ever feel safe when he has the ball against your team down 4 with 2:00 in the fourth quarter? I sure as hell wouldn't. Eli is a total clown, but he's simply done too much to be called a bum.

I'm well aware that the Giants winning last Sunday would have been better for the Eagles from a mathematical perspective, but on the other hand it was somewhat comforting to see Dallas basically end their season once and for all. Eli and the fuckin Giants are like that villain at the end of a shitty horror movie, where the protagonist thinks they're dead, only to jump up and scare the audience before being finally shot in the face once and for all. I don't think anyone wanted to see those guys get streaky in December and make a run, esp after starting 0-6.

Jax
Eli isn't a bum but neither of those two Giant teams were Sb champs. THat was the joke. Not once, but twice! Spare me.
D Rock
QUOTE (Wheeljack @ Nov 26 2013, 07:38 PM) *
neither do I, and I was actually rooting for Dallas in that game. Romo, even. I don't want to see the Giants pull off their "every few years, take some games off, then sneak into the playoffs because the rest of the division sucks" game. not ever again. it has elevated a BUM to Super Bowl champ, twice.

Even more proof you couldn't find your own asshole with both hands and a map when it comes to football or the eagles.

Smh
D Rock
Dp
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.