Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: One bad thing about the Bye week coming late
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
For any of you married folk out there, I'm sure the bye week is the time when you commit to the "honey do" list from the boss.

As has been me and my boys routine for years, we have to trim the bushes and do other various outside chores that we have papal dispensation from during the Eagles season.

Normally, the bye week hits us right around mid October, when it is still nice out and a very pleasant day to be outside.

Today??

We froze our balls off!!!

Friggin' low twenties with 20 mph winds.

Hopefully this is the last late Nov bye we'll see in a while.

Anyone else run into this problem?
D Rock
75 and sunny here in beautiful Southern California. And the wife and kids took off this morning to our Thanksgiving destination (I fly out Tues Night to catchup).

My bye week began with a dozen killer sets in the surf this morning and now catching up on a few work projects before catching the boiz lose to the vagiants later on the DVR!

Great Sunday for a bye!!!

Take a shot or two Mikey. That'll help fend off the cold.

cheers.gif
Dreagon
lol! I feel your pain. Our bye week was last week, although it wasn't as cold biggrin.gif
Flying Dutchman
84degrees and sunny yesterday so we hit the pool and enjoyed the great looking grandkids LOL. Today since it sank down into the 60s we had to spend the day between the gym and the bedroom. It's a tough life being retired but we force ourselves LOL.
Bocadelphia Eagles John
Huh ?

Boca doesn't do cold. I live in Boca. South Florida.

What are chores ? I'm retired. Are they some form of sunbathing ?
Jax
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Nov 24 2013, 03:13 PM) *
For any of you married folk out there, I'm sure the bye week is the time when you commit to the "honey do" list from the boss.

As has been me and my boys routine for years, we have to trim the bushes and do other various outside chores that we have papal dispensation from during the Eagles season.

Normally, the bye week hits us right around mid October, when it is still nice out and a very pleasant day to be outside.

Today??

We froze our balls off!!!

Friggin' low twenties with 20 mph winds.

Hopefully this is the last late Nov bye we'll see in a while.

Anyone else run into this problem?

It was ugly in Jax today. grey and 30+ mph wind. I was wishing we had some Eagles today!
nephillymike
QUOTE (Jax @ Nov 24 2013, 09:16 PM) *
It was ugly in Jax today. grey and 30+ mph wind. I was wishing we had some Eagles today!

When I hear Jacksonville and 30 mph winds in the same sentence, I think of the tailgate game when we were all there and watch Andy pass pass pass into the wind and lose to a Jax team that had it's backup RB and QB that day.

Remember that day?
Rick
Yeah, was at the Florida Gator game on Saturday (big upset). Was 80+ and we were sweating. Dropped down to the 50s yesterday here in Jax. Very nice...
samaroo
Yep, we've been freezing here in San Diego, too. Almost hit 55 the other day...
Jax
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Nov 24 2013, 09:50 PM) *
When I hear Jacksonville and 30 mph winds in the same sentence, I think of the tailgate game when we were all there and watch Andy pass pass pass into the wind and lose to a Jax team that had it's backup RB and QB that day.

Remember that day?

I certainly do! Great times but definitely an ugly game. We would have won despite our bad offense (and Jags good defense back in the Stroud and Henderson days) had Leftwich played. The Jags threw Garrard at us at the last minute and it seemed like we had no idea he would run at the drop of the hat - duh Big Red!!!! Bad loss but it sure was a fun weekend!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.