Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vick Says "Nick Foles Should Remain Starter"
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
JeeQ
Michael Vick started the season as the starting quarterback of the Philadelphia Eagles before injuries gave the job to Nick Foles for five of the last six games.

Foles has the Eagles offense rolling in Vicks absence. Hes completing nearly 64-percent of his passes and has thrown 16 touchdowns and zero interceptions. Philadelphia is 4-1 in five starts by Foles this season.

Vick is getting closer to being back to full health but even he says the Eagles have to stick with Foles as their starting quarterback.

In all honesty, in all fairness, how can you take a guy out of the game whos been playing so well? Vick said during his weekly appearance on 94 WIP, via CSNPhilly.com.

Ive been in this stage before, and I know what its like. I understand the position that this team is in, and the one thing I never want to do is be a distraction or put our team or our coaches in a position where they feel like theyre not doing the right thing or I feel like theyre not doing the right thing.

I trust whats going on, I enjoy being a part of it, I love the game of football in general. So its important to me to be there in support and be ready if my name and number is called again.

Foles is under contract beyond this season. Vick isnt. The Eagles offense is performing with Foles under center. Philadelphia was 2-4 in six games started by Vick. Its an obvious decision. Vick understands that.

He can potentially be a starter in this league for a long time. Its just about timing, as of right now. As long as he keeps doing what hes doing, hes going to continue to build that case, Vick said.

Say what you want about that man he's definitely matured in his time here, and has always been team first since day one. Love seeing this kind of attitude from any player. jumpclap.gif
mcnabbulous
No doubt. Kudos to Vick for seemingly turning his life around.
xsv
I've love to see Vick's contract be restructured, and keep him for a couple more years as a backup.

I think he's starting to realize he's a backup at this point, and might just want to finish out his career here.

And, say we get to the playoffs this year or next, and Foles goes down with an injury. I can't think of any backup in the league I'd rather have than Vick.
Eyrie
Credit to Vick for saying that instead of sidestepping the question.

It will also help out Kelly because Vick's backing of Foles will mean fewer questions about who should start when Vick is healthy again.
mcnabbulous
Someone alert XSV. His account has been compromised.
Eyrie
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Nov 22 2013, 07:23 PM) *
Someone alert XSV. His account has been compromised.

ohmy.gif laugh.gif
D Rock
credit where credit is due.

Wheeljack
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Nov 22 2013, 02:05 PM) *
Say what you want about that man he's definitely matured in his time here, and has always been team first since day one. Love seeing this kind of attitude from any player. :jumpclap

Vick (in an Eagle uniform) has been nothing short of a class act. good to see this from him. and someone needs to see if xsv got hacked.
xsv
I don't know why you guys are so surprised. I've said for awhile that I thought Vick would be a great backup qb.

I don't like him being the face of the franchise is all.
nephillymike
I was thinking about this today.

Despite being a better QB than about half the league (IMO), because of age, quality QB's., previous draft pick commitments and what will likely be many 2014 draft pick commitments, I think Mike Vick will have a hard time finding a starting job next year and that's a shame.

As of right now, in the NFC, I see MIN, STL, maybe TB and maybe ARI.

Fast forward to 2014, MIN and STL will draft a QB. TB will if not sold on Glennon, and ARI may stick with Palmer.

So what would be a four team market in the NFC right now, could be a no team market next year.

I'd love to have him here. Pay him a few mill more than a regular backup and keep him here for security.

He's been 100% class IMO.
Zero
My opinion of Vick was just appreciably elevated. I wanted him gone after this year, now I think he would be an asset and I want him back. Not a bad threesome at QB if you ask me.
Jax
QUOTE (Wheeljack @ Nov 22 2013, 04:17 PM) *
Vick (in an Eagle uniform) has been nothing short of a class act.

I totally agree and I have said so multiple times here. I have been proud to have him an Eagle regardless on whether he has had a stellar game or lousy game.
Jax
QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 22 2013, 08:56 PM) *
My opinion of Vick was just appreciably elevated. I wanted him gone after this year, now I think he would be an asset and I want him back. Not a bad threesome at QB if you ask me.

Threesome? I've seen enough of Barkley.
Jax
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Nov 22 2013, 02:05 PM) *
Michael Vick started the season as the starting quarterback of the Philadelphia Eagles before injuries gave the job to Nick Foles for five of the last six games.

Foles has the Eagles offense rolling in Vicks absence. Hes completing nearly 64-percent of his passes and has thrown 16 touchdowns and zero interceptions. Philadelphia is 4-1 in five starts by Foles this season.

Vick is getting closer to being back to full health but even he says the Eagles have to stick with Foles as their starting quarterback.

In all honesty, in all fairness, how can you take a guy out of the game whos been playing so well? Vick said during his weekly appearance on 94 WIP, via CSNPhilly.com.

Ive been in this stage before, and I know what its like. I understand the position that this team is in, and the one thing I never want to do is be a distraction or put our team or our coaches in a position where they feel like theyre not doing the right thing or I feel like theyre not doing the right thing.

I trust whats going on, I enjoy being a part of it, I love the game of football in general. So its important to me to be there in support and be ready if my name and number is called again.

Foles is under contract beyond this season. Vick isnt. The Eagles offense is performing with Foles under center. Philadelphia was 2-4 in six games started by Vick. Its an obvious decision. Vick understands that.

He can potentially be a starter in this league for a long time. Its just about timing, as of right now. As long as he keeps doing what hes doing, hes going to continue to build that case, Vick said.
******************************************************************************************
Say what you want about that man he's definitely matured in his time here, and has always been team first since day one. Love seeing this kind of attitude from any player. jumpclap.gif

And then Marcus Vick tweeted "MV7 is soft MF'er and ain't got no cred wit me. Wut next, hangin' w Mr. Cooper? #soft mf'er"
JeeQ
QUOTE (Jax @ Nov 23 2013, 09:41 AM) *
And then Marcus Vick tweeted "MV7 is soft MF'er and ain't got no cred wit me. Wut next, hangin' w Mr. Cooper? #soft mf'er"

laugh.gif
Zero
QUOTE (Jax @ Nov 23 2013, 01:36 PM) *
Threesome? I've seen enough of Barkley.

Barkley is a rookie with some hope, IMO. As #3 he doesn't get many reps. He's learning the speed of the NFL and if Vick and Foles are both here next year he likely won't have to play. How much should one expect from a #3?
Jax
QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 24 2013, 09:16 AM) *
Barkley is a rookie with some hope, IMO. As #3 he doesn't get many reps. He's learning the speed of the NFL and if Vick and Foles are both here next year he likely won't have to play. How much should one expect from a #3?

I'll take a #3 that can see over the line of scrimmage.
samaroo
QUOTE (Jax @ Nov 24 2013, 10:17 AM) *
I'll take a #3 that can see over the line of scrimmage.

He's 2 inches taller than Vick! A rookie can't get a pass on one game?!?
Jax
QUOTE (samaroo @ Nov 25 2013, 07:19 PM) *
He's 2 inches taller than Vick! A rookie can't get a pass on one game?!?

He may be 2 inches taller than Vick. Vick's height drives me crazy too but he has other skills that do somewhat compensate.

I'm all for giving mulligans but I just don't see Barkley panning out. I sure hope we never have to play our #3 QB!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.