Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone hear why McCoy and Cooper
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
They showed it on the tv broadcast.
Jax
Here we go again...
Jax
Seeing Duce in the background of that shot of McCoy and Cooper made me recall why he was one of my favorite All-time Eagles. He ranks up there on the list of blue-collar, smashmouth, no BS, take the lunch pail to work, get it done and perform at a high level.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/...les_cowboys_ap/
JeeQ
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Nov 18 2013, 06:12 PM) *
They showed it on the tv broadcast.

When it happened all I ended up doing was shouting DUUUUCCCCEEEEEE!
Zero

"That’s great, isn’t it? I think they’re just discussing about making plays, and I think they’re competitive, and they all want to win, and sometimes things get heated, but we all love each other," said Kelly.

Yup rolleyes.gif
Linc ...
Jax
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Nov 18 2013, 10:46 PM) *
When it happened all I ended up doing was shouting DUUUUCCCCEEEEEE!

Yep, same here. Also noticed that when Duce gently pushed McCoy back that McCoy didn't pull any shit with Duce either.
mcnabbulous
Sideline spats happen all the time. Kelly and McCoy had a brief exchange in Tampa when the Eagles coach wanted his running back to hit a hole late in the game and McCoy fired back that there was no hole. (Kelly later conceded there was no hole and apologized to McCoy in front of the entire team).Their subsequent conversation was caught on camera and millions of viewers wanted to know why McCoy was so animated. On Sunday, McCoy, DeSean Jackson and Riley Cooper got into it on the sideline late in the fourth quarter and again the row was picked up by the FOX broadcast. It appeared as if McCoy and Cooper had words, and they did, but it was Jackson who first had something to say, a source with knowledge of the situation said.

Jackson, like Kelly a month earlier, thought that McCoy was doing too much dancing in the backfield and let his teammate know it. The fiery tailback responded. Cooper then jump in, backing up his fellow receiver, and McCoy shot back at him. Running backs coach Duce Staley looked like he was trying to separate the two, but McCoy kept talking. The dustup eventually subsided, calmer heads prevailed, the Eagles won and all was forgotten. Kelly was asked about it on 94-WIP.

“They’re competitive and they all want to win and sometimes things get heated,” Kelly said. “We all love each other … this isn’t going to be Kumbaya and we all hug and kiss all the time. I mean I think you’ve got some highly competitive athletes that are talking about making plays or not making plays and sometimes that gets you dander up. I look at it as a good thing.”

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/inq-eag...EIWMHr8OM4DI.99
nephillymike
Thanks. good stuff

And the WR's were right. Shady needed to just put his head down and get a few yards in htat situation.
Phits
I heard it was a yo mama joke gone bad.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 19 2013, 07:14 AM) *

Yup rolleyes.gif
Linc ...

I wish they were mic'd up - this is probably what the exchange sounded like:

Cooper: You sir, are dilly-dallying too much around the line of scrimmage, whilst defenders seize opportunity to surround you!

McCoy: Balderdash! Perhaps if your blocks were proficient, there would be little need for me to avoid defenders in such a manner!
samaroo
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Nov 19 2013, 02:52 PM) *

Cooper: You sir, are dilly-dallying too much around the line of scrimmage, whilst defenders seize opportunity to surround you!

McCoy: Balderdash! Perhaps if your blocks were proficient, there would be little need for me to avoid defenders in such a manner!

laugh.gif
You should be a locker room quote writer! I hear Miami is hiring.
Zero
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Nov 19 2013, 02:52 PM) *

HAHA! Thou dost scribe as if thou hast preformed the feat thine own self. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.