Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best Defensive player thus far?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
canadianeagle
With a defense that has vastly improved over the second half of the season, I'd be interested to know who you guys think is the defensive MVP to this point.

I left out Curry because he does not seem to get enough playing time. Honorable mention goes to Cole.

Some interesting stats to help your decision for the other guys though:

Connor Barwin - 43 tackles, 4 sacks, 1 FF, 10 pdef. and 1 ints

Brandon Boykin - 40 Tackles, 0 sacks, 2 FF, 10 pdef and 4 ints

Demeco Ryans - 96 tackles, 2 sacks, 0 FF, 4 pdef and 2 ints

Fletcher Cox - 28 tackles, 3 sacks

I had a tough time between Barwin and Boykin but ended up going with Boykin as he seems to have a knack for big plays when they need him.
JeeQ
Don't even need the stats... it's Demeco. He's the on-field leader, he's calling the plays at the line of scrimmage, and his 96 tackles place him at 3rd most in the league (ok, so maybe a little bit of stats). We've been missing a defensive leader like Demeco since Dawkins left. Would be amazed if he doesn't go to the Pro Bowl this year.
Zero
Write in:
Right now I'd vote for Davis. He's doing something to pull those guys together. Even guys like Carmichael, a signed in the middle of September is doing well. All of those guys are playing well and I credit Billy Davis.
JeeQ
QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 18 2013, 04:58 PM) *
Write in:
Right now I'd vote for Davis. He's doing something to pull those guys together. Even guys like Carmichael, a signed in the middle of September is doing well. All of those guys are playing well and I credit Billy Davis.

He said player. Damn it Zero! Pay attention! mad.gif
samaroo
Boykin has been great, and Ryan's attitude is much needed and welcome, but Thornton is my vote. That guy's motor doesn't stop, and he has a great attitude as well. I can't wait to see him develop more in this system.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 18 2013, 07:58 PM) *
Write in:

he really is kind of like JJ, bouncing around the league for years until he lands here. Now he has a great chance to build a dominating D, he has already turned them into a cohesive unit that is getting better every week. I can see a core of solid players emerging, and with a few good additions next year, they could become something special.
xsv
He's been injured, but I'd like to write in a vote for Bradley Fletcher. I think he's been the most consistent guy in the secondary by far.
D Rock
DeMeco is the only guy that will sniff the ProBowl, thus he gets my vote.
Flying Dutchman
God, I love Ryans and Boykin but everything starts up front and the front and hence the head of this D is Fletcher Cox. The more he heats up, the more this D heats up. IMHO all 3 deserve to be All-Pros.
samaroo
Who would've thought, before the season started, that we'd be excited about this many defensive players. I wanna vote for them all, because my expectations have been blown away. I expected us to suck out loud on D this year, and I for one am very happy to be wrong on this.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.