Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 104.3 QBR for the game
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
xsv
128.0 for the year, including the Dallas game.

Anyone still think this guy is a fluke?
xsv
QUOTE (xsv @ Nov 18 2013, 11:55 AM) *

Also, it looks like he is also averaging over 9 yards per touch. I think that's a statistics some of you were tracking previously, was it not?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (xsv @ Nov 18 2013, 12:04 PM) *
Also, it looks like he is also averaging over 9 yards per touch. I think that's a statistics some of you were tracking previously, was it not?

Yeah, he's playing unbelievable.

I don't really get as hung up on the QBR as some people. He was about 2 yards from having 2 TD's on the day, which would have bumped his QBR to 128 or so on the day too.
xsv
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Nov 18 2013, 12:06 PM) *
Yeah, he's playing unbelievable.

I don't really get as hung up on the QBR as some people. He was about 2 yards from having 2 TD's on the day, which would have bumped his QBR to 128 or so on the day too.

I think if the QBR is good, then the QB is normally playing good. My main fault with it is that sometimes the QB can be playing good and it not show up in the QBR. I actually think some of Vick's games were like this.

But I don't think there's any question that Nick is playing really well.

He still reminds me of a more accurate Flacco with a less powerful arm.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (xsv @ Nov 18 2013, 12:12 PM) *
He still reminds me of a more accurate Flacco with a less powerful arm.

I think he's better than Flacco, but it's a fair comparison. Specifically I think his decision making is far superior to Flacco, with more accuracy and a lesser arm, as you suggested.
TGryn
Oh, heck, I'll invoke the ghost for those who want something to worry about during the bye week:

http://www.nfl.com/player/bobbyhoying/2501...ogs?season=1997
11 TDs, 6 INTs, with 3 games having a passer rating over 100 in last half of season, named starter for 1998, when this happened:
http://www.nfl.com/player/bobbyhoying/2501...ogs?season=1998
0 TDs, 9 INTs, season (and effectively career) over in week 12
D Rock
QUOTE (TGryn @ Nov 18 2013, 06:27 PM) *
Oh, heck, I'll invoke the ghost for those who want something to worry about during the bye week:

11 TDs, 6 INTs, with 3 games having a passer rating over 100 in last half of season, named starter for 1998, when this happened:

Foles has yet to toss his first INT of the year. Apples and Oranges.
nephillymike
I'm sold.

The guy sees the whole field and delivers the ball on time and is cool under pressure. That Dallas game had to be an early concussion. That game now makes no sense.

One other thing to think about.

He and this offense are doing what they're doing with a defense that for the most part, doesn't get off the field. The defense has allowed teams to hog possession time, and if they ever came close to even up in their end of the deal, Foles and this offense would have so many more opportunities to put up gawdy numbers and points.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (TGryn @ Nov 18 2013, 12:27 PM) *

Comparing him to Hoying is just plain foolish. Hoying became the starter at the end of Rhodes tenure, his mercenary approach to building the franchise with FAs an unmitigated mess. The big difference here is that Foles has the benefit of coaches who have a good system which he is grasping and obviously becoming proficient in the framework Chip has laid down. Hoying had none of that, and much like RG3, his potential was shattered by being in the wrong place at the wrong time. your assertion too, is based on years of disappointment, clouding the fact that you are seeing something much different happening now.

Foles got his feet wet on the field last season with an awful team, but playing rather well nonetheless. That experience is probably why he is playing so well this season. With Vick starting the season he had time to learn the system and his performance now is more like McNabb's in his second season, rather than Hoying in his. Take a harder look at what is happening and you might just see it too, and remember this, last year Reid did just about everything wrong and Foles still looked decent playing with that group. Now the team is gelling and Foles is a big part of it.
canadianeagle
I'm definitely on the Foles bandwagon but the cynic in me keeps asking the question -- have they beaten any good teams? Without Rodgers, Green Bay doesn't count.
D Rock
QUOTE (canadianeagle @ Nov 19 2013, 01:23 AM) *
I'm definitely on the Foles bandwagon but the cynic in me keeps asking the question -- have they beaten any good teams? Without Rodgers, Green Bay doesn't count.

They've beaten a number of good defenses. It's not Foles' fault that he's had to face dog shit offenses. He beat Tampa who at that time hadn't allowed any team they faced to garner 17 points and were top 5 in the league. The Oakland D he SHREDDED for 7 TDs was top 10.

They may not have beaten "good teams." But, they certainly have beaten "Good Defenses."
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Nov 19 2013, 03:24 PM) *
They've beaten a number of good defenses. It's not Foles' fault that he's had to face dog shit offenses. He beat Tampa who at that time hadn't allowed any team they faced to garner 17 points and were top 5 in the league. The Oakland D he SHREDDED for 7 TDs was top 10.

They may not have beaten "good teams." But, they certainly have beaten "Good Defenses."

Sure, but it really is another test when you go head to head with another great QB and come out on top. We haven't seen that yet. In his only game against a guy that could even be considered in that class, he shit the bed.
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Nov 19 2013, 03:29 PM) *
Sure, but it really is another test when you go head to head with another great QB and come out on top. We haven't seen that yet. In his only game against a guy that could even be considered in that class, he shit the bed.

At this point in his career I am less concerned with how he performs against other QB's and more concerned with how he plays against other defenses. So far so good.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Nov 19 2013, 03:41 PM) *
At this point in his career I am less concerned with how he performs against other QB's and more concerned with how he plays against other defenses. So far so good.

No doubt. As I've said several times, he has removed all doubts I had. I like everything he has to offer, and he's proven that he can grow in the areas where he is weaker.

He's a keeper.
D Rock
QUOTE (Phits @ Nov 19 2013, 09:41 PM) *

jumpclap.gif cheers.gif jumpclap.gif
samaroo
Best fantasy free agent pick up I've ever had!
Wheeljack
QUOTE (xsv @ Nov 18 2013, 11:55 AM) *

yes. but he is better than Eli "Interception" Manning right today. so there you go.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.