Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cardinals game to be flexed?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
It looks like the game at home on 12/1 may be changed to a Sunday night game.
Link ...
Jax
QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 17 2013, 08:39 PM) *
It looks like the game at home on 12/1 may be changed to a Sunday night game.
Link ...

Flexed?
TGryn
Nice gesture of national respect. Hope they do that for a couple more games - after the Cards game, all the other ones in December are opposite Redskins games, which means they aren't going to be on locally where I am otherwise.

I also note that the game we're bouncing out of that Sunday night slot is Redskins/Giants...so this could be interpreted as the schedulers saying they think we're more likely to be relevant by then than either of those two teams. ac2.gif
Bocadelphia Eagles John
HOPE SO !!!
Rick
This is a trap game for us. We always seem to have a difficult time with the Cardinals. Let's hope we come out strong.
Jax
QUOTE (Rick @ Nov 18 2013, 06:56 AM) *
This is a trap game for us. We always seem to have a difficult time with the Cardinals. Let's hope we come out strong.

We do struggle with the Cardinals but since it is following a bye and we are in contention then there is absolutely no reason for us to be flat. The Cardinals struggled for nearly 3 quarters with the Jaguars so the only way we lose this game is to play a grade "D" game.
Rick
QUOTE (Jax @ Nov 18 2013, 08:37 AM) *
We do struggle with the Cardinals but since it is following a bye and we are in contention then there is absolutely no reason for us to be flat. The Cardinals struggled for nearly 3 quarters with the Jaguars so the only way we lose this game is to play a grade "D" game.

There is no reason for us ever to be flat. I've just watched us struggle against the Cardinals my whole life.
Jax
QUOTE (Rick @ Nov 18 2013, 10:01 AM) *
There is no reason for us ever to be flat. I've just watched us struggle against the Cardinals my whole life.

Exactly, way back to the St Louis Cardinals that were in our Division. Even when they couldn't beat anyone else they still played us until the last play, if not beat us!
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Rick @ Nov 18 2013, 10:01 AM) *

We're more or less .500 against them over the last couple of decades, it's just that we had a string of unbelievable heartbreaking losses to them that stick, several thanks to Jake Plummer and that disgraceful NFCCG.
Dreagon
QUOTE (Rick @ Nov 18 2013, 09:01 AM) *

I think it has something to do with them being a former divisional rival, because we have the same problem with them. No matter how bad the Cardinals are, we are lucky if we escape from that game with a win.
mcnabbulous
Everything I'm seeing today on Twitter indicates this game is not being flexed.
Eyrie
I hope it isn't flexed.

A 1pm kick off is 6pm over here, which suits me nicely. 4:15pm kick offs finish after midnight, and the only good thing about night games in the US is that I can avoid the score, then watch the 30 minutes plays-only option on Game Pass the next evening. But that's not a patch on watching it live.
Dreagon
I don't think it will be. I think the NFL is committed to Giants-Redskins that night.
Jax
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Nov 18 2013, 04:18 PM) *
I don't think it will be. I think the NFL is committed to Giants-Redskins that night.

Yes, the NFL is committed to most things involving their favorite team.
nephillymike
I hope they decide tomorrow.

Wed night I have to schedule my season opening b-ball game for the team I coach. I had it tentatively set for 12/1 at 7:45 as I have all of my Sun games b/c the Iggs are at 1:00 starts. But if they go to the night game, I have to schedule my b-ball game for an earlier time.

Life decisions are based on this !!!
nephillymike
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Nov 18 2013, 10:58 AM) *
We're more or less .500 against them over the last couple of decades, it's just that we had a string of unbelievable heartbreaking losses to them that stick, several thanks to Jake Plummer and that disgraceful NFCCG.

Fuckin' Martay Jenkins!
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Nov 18 2013, 05:05 PM) *
I hope they decide tomorrow.

Wed night I have to schedule my season opening b-ball game for the team I coach. I had it tentatively set for 12/1 at 7:45 as I have all of my Sun games b/c the Iggs are at 1:00 starts. But if they go to the night game, I have to schedule my b-ball game for an earlier time.

Life decisions are based on this !!!

I'm quite certain it's a done deal and the Eagles will be at 1pm.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.