Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This team really, really needs to improve watching replays
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Morris was clearly out of bounds and no challenge. I know it didn't matter but it could have. What will be the excuse this time?

Just bitching. I'm on the bandwagon ... Foles and Eagles. I'm really excited with the way the defense is coming around.
Phits
QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 17 2013, 06:28 PM) *
I'm really excited with the way the defense is coming around.

That makes 2 of us. I like the new equation that's making another go round in theses here parts: Scoreboard > Yardage

The announcers called for a big defensive play, as the skinz were charging, late in the game.....and RG3 delivered an INT on a silver platter.

Love it.
nephillymike
What some are saying is that there is a 7 second television delay, so they don't get the TV replay until the 7 second delay plus whatever time elapses before they show the replay.

It is not clear, but that's the latest of what some of the radio guys and writers were saying this week.
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Nov 17 2013, 08:21 PM) *
What some are saying is that there is a 7 second television delay, so they don't get the TV replay until the 7 second delay plus whatever time elapses before they show the replay.

It is not clear, but that's the latest of what some of the radio guys and writers were saying this week.

It sure seems like the other teams are on top of the challenge game.
Rick
QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 17 2013, 07:38 PM) *
It sure seems like the other teams are on top of the challenge game.

Exactly. They'd have the same delay.

Chipper blew another potential successful challenge. That is starting to worry me.
mcnabbulous
The whole system is flawed. The fact that so many fan bases bitch about this component of their coaching staff indicates that the problem isn't with the coaches/decision makers, but instead the process itself.

xsv
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Nov 17 2013, 07:21 PM) *

There's not supposed to be. The replay in the booth is supposed to be the the local feed, and not from the network. This is something that's actually specifically in the reply rules. They are supposed to get the feed BEFORE it goes to the network so that there's no delay.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 17 2013, 06:28 PM) *
Morris was clearly out of bounds and no challenge. I know it didn't matter but it could have. What will be the excuse this time?

On the radio this morning Chip said Shurmur immediately said to challenge it, but he hesitated and the Skins were rushing up to the line, he admitted it was totally his fault, and he has to do a better job.
samaroo
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Nov 18 2013, 11:54 AM) *
On the radio this morning Chip said Shurmur immediately said to challenge it, but he hesitated and the Skins were rushing up to the line, he admitted it was totally his fault, and he has to do a better job.

I thought we were done with this! rolleyes.gif
Rick
QUOTE (samaroo @ Nov 18 2013, 08:50 PM) *
I thought we were done with this! rolleyes.gif

I was thinking the same thing. Let's hope hearing this doesn't become commonplace.
mcnabbulous
As long as there are coaches, there will be coachspeak, which is exactly what this is. I'm glad you guys are just now figuring this out.
samaroo
C'mon, mcnabbulous, I like the big guy, but it's still funny.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.