Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just Wow
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
D Rock
* Foles is a couple of attempts short of qualifying, but would lead the league in QB rating if he was eligible. That's higher than Manning.

* He would lead the NFL with 9.24 yards per pass attempt. That's higher than Manning.

* Foles is tied for 3rd in the league in pass plays of 40 or more yards. Heís got 9. So does Drew Brees. I sure didnít expect that to be the case. This is crazy since Foles has less than half the attempts.

* In the last 2 games, he has 12 incompletions and 10 TDs.

* He is only the 2nd QB in history to throw 10 TDs and no INTs over a 2-game span.

The sample size is just 4.5 games, but it is growing and the numbers continue to be mind-blowing.
Zero
Like I said before, I feel like I'm getting sucked in.

And if he improves?
mcnabbulous
But he did go 0-4 in the red zone this past week laugh.gif
Jax
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Nov 12 2013, 10:22 PM) *
But he did go 0-4 in the red zone this past week laugh.gif

I actually thought Nick played just average to slightly above average. As a whole I thought we played lackluster or GB shouldn't have been in the game as long as they were. The O-line played well I thought.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Jax @ Nov 12 2013, 11:45 PM) *
I actually thought Nick played just average to slightly above average. As a whole I thought we played lackluster or GB shouldn't have been in the game as long as they were. The O-line played well I thought.

He was pretty bad in the first half. Played well in the second. I think they probably got pretty conservative after Wallace went down and we became the clear favorite. There was no point in forcing anything and making mistakes.
Zero
What comes out of his mouth and out of his brain seem impressive, not just the gaudy stats he's putting together:
ďI think the big thing, going from college to the NFL is adapting to the speed of the game, adapting to terminology of everything that happens. These guys that we go against every week are pretty darn good athletes. The windows are a lot tighter. The windows that were there in college arenít really there in the pros. You really have to do a lot of stuff with your eyes and your body to open everything up. Itís an ongoing process of working on all those things that help open up routes and stay on time and deliver the ball.Ē
Here ...
Jax
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Nov 13 2013, 12:50 AM) *
He was pretty bad in the first half. Played well in the second. I think they probably got pretty conservative after Wallace went down and we became the clear favorite. There was no point in forcing anything and making mistakes.

I wouldn't describe it as bad in the first half. Average is a fair comment in my opinion. He made a few mistakes/missed throws. There were also a couple drops on the part of the WR and not on Foles.
Mississippi Fan
It's a shame he has no chance of being the permanent starter, he is just a fill in!
Jax
QUOTE (Mississippi Fan @ Nov 13 2013, 04:59 PM) *
It's a shame he has no chance of being the permanent starter, he is just a fill in!

If that ends up being fact then I agree. I wonder if Kelly has already made that decision. If we win a few more games then we will be way down the draft board and not in a good position to get a top QB without giving up lots of compensation in a trade up.
Eyrie
QUOTE (Mississippi Fan @ Nov 13 2013, 09:59 PM) *

Welcome back.

Much depends on how Foles plays. If he can consistently produce good performances then he can be the permanent starter for a few years given the talent around him. If he's inconsistent then he can only ever be a back up filling in as the starter.
Rick
QUOTE (Mississippi Fan @ Nov 13 2013, 04:59 PM) *

No chance? Really?

:::scratching head:::
Zero
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Nov 14 2013, 03:07 PM) *
Welcome back.

I second that. Nice to see ya again, Mississippi!
BirdsWinBaby
Welcome back.

Much depends on how Foles plays. If he can consistently produce good performances then he can be the permanent starter for a few years given the talent around him. If he's inconsistent then he can only ever be a back up filling in as the starter.

i think Chip still wants a more mobile QB. no matter how well or consistent Foles plays, Chip will believe that it will be better with HIS guy in there
Bez
Welcome back.

Not everyone can be what they expect them to be when they expect it. Some QBs have to really earn it the hard way .
Eyrie
QUOTE (BirdsWinBaby @ Nov 15 2013, 10:51 PM) *
i think Chip still wants a more mobile QB. no matter how well or consistent Foles plays, Chip will believe that it will be better with HIS guy in there

If Foles can produce consistently for us then Kelly won't need to put that belief into practice but will simply tailor his offense to suit Foles.

QUOTE (Bez @ Nov 16 2013, 02:53 AM) *
Not everyone can be what they expect them to be when they expect it. Some QBs have to really earn it the hard way .

And Foles has the ability to earn it. Up to him to do so though.
BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Nov 16 2013, 01:39 PM) *
If Foles can produce consistently for us then Kelly won't need to put that belief into practice but will simply tailor his offense to suit Foles.

assuming Foles can play consistently, it would then be clear that he doesnt 'need' anything more than what Foles gives him

my post is about what Chip ultimately wants...

'winning games with that guy and his style' vs. 'winning a lot more games with the GUY/STYLE i prefer''

perhaps you are correct and consistent play from Foles will convince Chip to stay with the Foles suited offense past this season. i think its unlikely

either way....the "consistent" play from Foles has to come first. whether Chip will be satisfied with that comes later. we will see
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (BirdsWinBaby @ Nov 16 2013, 08:21 PM) *
assuming Foles can play consistently, it would then be clear that he doesnt 'need' anything more than what Foles gives him

my post is about what Chip ultimately wants...

'winning games with that guy and his style' vs. 'winning a lot more games with the GUY/STYLE i prefer''

perhaps you are correct and consistent play from Foles will convince Chip to stay with the Foles suited offense past this season. i think its unlikely

either way....the "consistent" play from Foles has to come first. whether Chip will be satisfied with that comes later. we will see

I think Chip likes how quick Foles thinks more than how fast he runs, and ultimately I think he might choose Foles because he has the brains and quick recognition ability to actually run his O the way he wants. If Foles continues to improve his knowledge and comfort in this system, the skies the limit for what he could do. Foles has shown he can run just enough to make Ds pay if they ignore him, and that is enough to make the rest of the O that much more dangerous. I doubt Kelly would toss him aside just because he can't run a 4.4 40, especially if he runs every other aspect of his O the way he designed it. But all of this is a moot point for now, Foles has to play out the season and prove he has what it takes.
Zero
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Nov 17 2013, 01:35 AM) *
I doubt Kelly would toss him aside just because he can't run a 4.4 40, especially if he runs every other aspect of his O the way he designed it. But all of this is a moot point for now, Foles has to play out the season and prove he has what it takes.

No, but I wouldn't be surprised if he uses another mid round pick on a fleet footed, quick thinking project QB. If Foles holds on and continues to play well it will allow Kelly/Roseman to bolster the defense in May instead of taking a chance on a general.
samaroo
QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 17 2013, 09:43 AM) *
No, but I wouldn't be surprised if he uses another mid round pick on a fleet footed, quick thinking project QB. If Foles holds on and continues to play well it will allow Kelly/Roseman to bolster the defense in May instead of taking a chance on a general.

Are there any?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.