Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: QB Rating Variance
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
xsv
Great: 105+
Good: 95-104
Decent: 85-94
Poor: 75-84
Bad: < 75

Bocadelphia Eagles John
Wow

according to those pie charts it clearly shows Foles is more than TWICE as decent as Aaron Rogers.

HE'S A KEEPER !!!!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EAGLES !!!!
xsv
QUOTE (Bocadelphia Eagles John @ Nov 12 2013, 12:39 PM) *
Wow

according to those pie charts it clearly shows Foles is more than TWICE as decent as Aaron Rogers.

HE'S A KEEPER !!!!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EAGLES !!!!

It also shows that Rogers has a good or great game about 65% of the time, while Foles is closer to 50%.

Also, Foles is about twice as likely to have a bad game (11% to 25%)

But, according to this, he compares to favorably to Brees and Brady, slightly behind Romo and Manning, and well ahead of Eli.
Zero
I'm feeling like a metal screw walking close to a magnet. I'm trying really hard not to get pulled in by this Folesmania. I want to believe but I'm worried I'll get jobbed and have to go through another couple of years watching someone else grow into the job.
xsv
QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 12 2013, 01:14 PM) *
I'm feeling like a metal screw walking close to a magnet. I'm trying really hard not to get pulled in by this Folesmania. I want to believe but I'm worried I'll get jobbed and have to go through another couple of years watching someone else grow into the job.

I'm not convinced at all. But, I do like to analyze the data, and look for trends. Still a very small sample size (12 games) but Foles looks like he might be legit.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (xsv @ Nov 12 2013, 01:25 PM) *
I'm not convinced at all. But, I do like to analyze the data, and look for trends. Still a very small sample size (12 games) but Foles looks like he might be legit.

I had seen similar numbers regarding Vick's competence a while back. Rodgers numbers, when viewed in that capacity, are simply outstanding. He's virtually never bad, even when compared to the other elite guys.

xsv
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Nov 12 2013, 01:42 PM) *
I had seen similar numbers regarding Vick's competence a while back. Rodgers numbers, when viewed in that capacity, are simply outstanding. He's virtually never bad, even when compared to the other elite guys.

I'd actually like to see that. I very skeptical that's true, considering his QBR historically has never been that great. I suspect there's a very large difference, but I welcome being proved wrong.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (xsv @ Nov 12 2013, 02:24 PM) *
I'd actually like to see that. I very skeptical that's true, considering his QBR historically has never been that great. I suspect there's a very large difference, but I welcome being proved wrong.

I may not have been very clear. I'm not suggesting Vick put up similar numbers to what Foles is doing. They were actually more comparable to a guy like Eli.

I meant that I had seen the breakdown for other QB's.

Here is the info I'm referring to. The scale was a bit different than the one you used:
http://eaglesrewind.com/2013/08/27/how-inconsistent-is-vick/
xsv
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Nov 12 2013, 02:29 PM) *
I may not have been very clear. I'm not suggesting Vick put up similar numbers to what Foles is doing. They were actually more comparable to a guy like Eli.

I meant that I had seen the breakdown for other QB's.

Here is the info I'm referring to. The scale was a bit different than the one you used:
http://eaglesrewind.com/2013/08/27/how-inconsistent-is-vick/

You're right. It is actually very close to Eli's performance, and arguably a little better.

I was, however, a little surprised that Eli doesn't compare favorably in this comparison. Not as surprised with Vick.

HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 12 2013, 01:14 PM) *

It's called Kolb-a-phobia. I'm being cautious myself, although what's to complain about what he's doing? Keep watching and see what happens.....
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (xsv @ Nov 12 2013, 03:55 PM) *
You're right. It is actually very close to Eli's performance, and arguably a little better.

I was, however, a little surprised that Eli doesn't compare favorably in this comparison. Not as surprised with Vick.

It's what separates the elite guys from the guys like Eli. Consistency. It's my last remaining question with Foles. I'm not worried about his head, arm, or ability to come up big in big situations. I want to know if he can play at a high level on a weekly basis.
xsv
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Nov 12 2013, 03:01 PM) *
It's what separates the elite guys from the guys like Eli. Consistency. It's my last remaining question with Foles. I'm not worried about his head, arm, or ability to come up big in big situations. I want to know if he can play at a high level on a weekly basis.

Early indications seem to be yes. 75% of the time ( albeit in only 12 games), he's played at least decent (QBR >= 85). Compared to Vick's 62%, he seems to have more consistency.

I think he's consistent. I just want to see him handle a big time pressure situation with something on the line (other than his job). Vick gave us one of the greatest comeback victories of all tie against our most hated rival (arguably). I need at least a little of that from Foles before I'll really be ready to anoint him the future king.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.