Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just imagine a healthy Maclin in this offense......
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Phits
He must be home shaking his head. This offense probably would have given him the leverage that he wants to procure a nice payday instead of the 1 year deal he is likely to get post injury
Zero
QUOTE (Phits @ Nov 11 2013, 02:21 PM) *
He must be home shaking his head. This offense probably would have given him the leverage that he wants to procure a nice payday instead of the 1 year deal he is likely to get post injury
Next year. I hope they bring him back on that one year deal 'cause he'll be motivated.
Bocadelphia Eagles John
Meanwhile , as much as I've always liked Avant, this year he's missing on a HUGE opportunity to show. He's been nothing better than OK. And I always felt he had the potential to be an IMPACT guy. To me it looks like what's holding him back is his own head, a lack of determination to stop begging the refs and just GO MAKE PLAYS. PLAYMAKING is what you're paid for. So, earn it man. GIVE. MORE. It's you holding back you. Stop it !

C'mon Jason, STEP IT UP man, you're only contributing but you COULD BE OUTSTANDING... just get out there and don't let nuthin' stop you. Otheres around you are SHINING ... why not you too?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Bocadelphia Eagles John @ Nov 12 2013, 12:54 PM) *
Meanwhile , as much as I've always liked Avant, this year he's missing on a HUGE opportunity to show. He's been nothing better than OK. And I always felt he had the potential to be an IMPACT guy. To me it looks like what's holding him back is his own head, a lack of determination to stop begging the refs and just GO MAKE PLAYS. PLAYMAKING is what you're paid for. So, earn it man. GIVE. MORE. It's you holding back you. Stop it !

C'mon Jason, STEP IT UP man, you're only contributing but you COULD BE OUTSTANDING... just get out there and don't let nuthin' stop you. Otheres around you are SHINING ... why not you too?

I think Avant is simply done. He was barely athletic enough to make it in the league to begin with. Now, father time has taken that away. He won't be on the roster next year.
D Rock
Yup.

Being a good guy isn't enough if you can't contribute on the field on Sunday. He's been a great Eagle, but me thinks this is his last year in the league.
CT_Eagle
Avant has always been a good but not great #3 WR. Nothing more. Every team needs guys like him as a third option. As stated above Father Time is catching up. I would like to see Jax, Maclin and Cooper as 1, 2 and 3 next season. If Avant can grab that 4th spot, welcome back. If not, then thank you for being a solid player over the years and good luck if you should land on another roster.
Zero
I've always like Avant but I cringe when people used to write about him being one of the best slot receivers in the league. He seems to have virtually no RAC.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.