Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Refs were TERRIBLE
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
xsv
The 34 yard pass play where the receiver clearly came down out of bounds.
The no call on the face mask on McCoy
The hold on Avant in the EZ.

Tehre was at least one other blatent bad or missed call, but I don't recall what it was.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (xsv @ Nov 11 2013, 10:33 AM) *

Tehre was at least one other blatent bad or missed call, but I don't recall what it was.

That facemask on McCoy was probably the clearest and most blatant facemask no-call I've ever seen in my life. The Foles fumble was a bad no-call too, although it saved us from giving up a defensive TD.
xsv
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Nov 11 2013, 10:36 AM) *
That facemask on McCoy was probably the clearest and most blatant facemask no-call I've ever seen in my life. The Foles fumble was a bad no-call too, although it saved us from giving up a defensive TD.

Actually, after review, they called it a Foles fumble. it wasnt'a TD becuase they had blown the ball dead, so they got the ball at the spot of the fumble.

I actually thought it was pretty clear that it wasn't a fumble, as he had the ball trapped against his leg with his hand until after he was down. The review expert agreed that it shouldn't be a fumble either. But the ref called it a fumble.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (xsv @ Nov 11 2013, 10:40 AM) *
Actually, after review, they called it a Foles fumble. it wasnt'a TD becuase they had blown the ball dead, so they got the ball at the spot of the fumble.

I actually thought it was pretty clear that it wasn't a fumble, as he had the ball trapped against his leg with his hand until after he was down. The review expert agreed that it shouldn't be a fumble either. But the ref called it a fumble.

I thought it was clearly a fumble from the get-go, but there wasn't enough evidence to overturn it. Whatever, the refs saved us a defensive TD.
mcnabbulous
There were two pretty blatant facemasks on Shady. The one really obvious one that you guys mentioned and a second that wasn't quite as egregious, but clearly pissed off both Lesean and Chip.
D Rock
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Nov 11 2013, 04:41 PM) *
I thought it was clearly a fumble from the get-go, but there wasn't enough evidence to overturn it. Whatever, the refs saved us a defensive TD.

They got the call right. It was a fumble and the recovering player was down by contact. What's the problem?

The other calls were putrid, but they got that one correct. We got away with at least 2-4 Defensive P.I.s that they didn't call as well.
Wheeljack
QUOTE (xsv @ Nov 11 2013, 10:33 AM) *

1) should have been challenged by Chip, he passed. that's on him
2) horrible, not the only time they didn't call face mask
3) was that the same play where Foles threw the ball to Racine, anyway?

I felt in a way they made up for it with a roughing the passer call and a lot of no-calls on Eagle defender holds and pass interference. it wasn't all one-sided suckitude from the refs.

but they did suck yesterday.

make_it_rain
Pretty horrific game by the officials, on both sides of the ball.

The two facemasks costs the eagles first downs (one was in the red zone I believe).

The Boykin catch was clearly out of bounds.

Roc "The Cock" Carmichael got away with what would have been at least one big interference penalty.

Also, I thought the Nelson TD on 4th and goal was incomplete, but am not sure why didn't review the Cooper TD where he rolled into the end zone a bit more in depth. I thought both were pretty close.

As an aside, I've hated Mike Carey as a ref ever since that playoff game against the Saints with Garcia. Anyone else notice the overly aggressive emphasis he puts on announcing his calls?

I still remember in the saints game he'd be like, "Pass Interference <makes powerful hand motion towards Eagles> ..... DEFENSE!!!" and all those trashy saints fans erupt.

Yes, I'm still salty.
mcnabbulous
Cooper wasn't touched on the play he rolled into the end zone. He was initially short, but rolled in prior to contact.
make_it_rain
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Nov 11 2013, 09:14 PM) *
Cooper wasn't touched on the play he rolled into the end zone. He was initially short, but rolled in prior to contact.

I agree with that, I thought on replay it looked like the ball was a little shaky as he rolled through the ground into the endzone, and was surprised that the replay team basically rubber stamped it as a touchdown when they went to confirm it. I could be wrong, but I thought it was pretty close.
Zero
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Nov 11 2013, 08:23 PM) *
The Boykin catch was clearly out of bounds.

Kelly said the coaches in the press box didnít have access to the broadcast feed and saw only one view of the play, which obviously didnít show Boykin out of bounds.

Here ...
D Rock
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Nov 12 2013, 01:23 AM) *
Also, I thought the Nelson TD on 4th and goal was incomplete, but am not sure why didn't review the Cooper TD
Yes, I'm still salty.

Hey Salty. You realize they review ALL scoring plays, right?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.