Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Coaching staff still has some work to do.
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
xsv
Although Kelly's play calling was very good, I don't understand how he can miss challenging the 34 yard pass play that was clearly out of bounds. The announcers said that was Shurmer's responsibility. If true, we need to improve in that area. Seems like we're really not very good yet at knowing when to challenge and when not to. What are we, something like 1 in 5?

HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (xsv @ Nov 11 2013, 10:32 AM) *
Although Kelly's play calling was very good, I don't understand how he can miss challenging the 34 yard pass play that was clearly out of bounds. The announcers said that was Shurmer's responsibility. If true, we need to improve in that area. Seems like we're really not very good yet at knowing when to challenge and when not to. What are we, something like 1 in 5?

On the bright side, we've grown quite accustomed to being horrible at challenging/clock management. I wish he would stop trying to convince people that time of possession doesn't matter, that shit is definitely going to bite us hard one day.
mcnabbulous
I'm at a point where I can no longer blame coaches for this. Every fanbase bitches about this. The system is obviously flawed.
Wheeljack
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Nov 11 2013, 10:39 AM) *
On the bright side, we've grown quite accustomed to being horrible at challenging/clock management. I wish he would stop trying to convince people that time of possession doesn't matter, that shit is definitely going to bite us hard one day.

after the way the Eagles ended that game yesterday I don't think "clock management" is something I'll place too much blame on Chip for screwing up

seems like forever since I've seen an Eagle game ending with delayed handoffs and running out the clock
Rick
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Nov 11 2013, 10:39 AM) *

So what? I mean, if we win more games than we lose because of this, why does it matter?

Part of what I HATE about the NFL is the belief that we have to do things the way everyone else does because that's the way everyone else does or it's always been done that way. Kinda like not going for it more often on 4th down.

I don't believe time of possession is nearly as important as people try to claim. If you're putting points on the board, it doesn't matter.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.