Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Foles gets my vote.
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Phits
Coming into the season, I wasn't a Foles fan. I didn't like what I had seen from NF in the (limited) action I saw from him last season. However, after watching him play this season he has tremendous poise, and he gets the job done. There's no more denying that. He is efficient with the ball and puts points on the board. 10 TD's in 2 games, no matter how you look at it...no matter who you are playing, that's good offense. Today he finished 12 for 18 for 228 yards and the three scores - a 55-yarder to Jackson and touchdowns of 45 and 32 yards Cooper. And he still hasn't thrown an interception this season. He has exceeded my expectations (as I am sure he has for many other Eagles fans) for him this season.

All other things aside, you have to be pretty good to make Riley Cooper look like a player.
Jax
QUOTE (Phits @ Nov 10 2013, 07:09 PM) *
Coming into the season, I wasn't a Foles fan. I didn't like what I had seen from NF in the (limited) action I saw from him last season. However, after watching him play this season he has tremendous poise, and he gets the job done. There's no more denying that. He is efficient with the ball and puts points on the board. 10 TD's in 2 games, no matter how you look at it...no matter who you are playing, that's good offense. Today he finished 12 for 18 for 228 yards and the three scores - a 55-yarder to Jackson and touchdowns of 45 and 32 yards Cooper. And he still hasn't thrown an interception this season. He has exceeded my expectations (as I am sure he has for many other Eagles fans) for him this season.

All other things aside, you have to be pretty good to make Riley Cooper look like a player.

I have seen Foles' strengths all along and have been perhaps his biggest supporter. I don't know what his ceiling is but I am kind of pulling for him to do enough to convince the Eagles that they don't need to draft a QB.

Anyway, regarding Riley Cooper, Cooper can't be effective with a QB that must locate the receiver as being open and then fire a missile at him. This is because Cooper struggles to get open. However, with a QB that can make accurate timing throws, Cooper can now use route running and his physical size and strength as his assets. In the right situation he can use his body to be effective. Combined with running precise routes. In the get open and fire a missle scenario, Cooper is below average.
Zero
QUOTE (Phits @ Nov 10 2013, 08:09 PM) *

Not sure why, but I'm not decided. That TD to DJax was under thrown and should have been an INT. Maybe I'm picking at nits, I like him but I'm not sure he's THE QB to get us where we want to be.
Jax
QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 10 2013, 07:23 PM) *
Not sure why, but I'm not decided. That TD to DJax was under thrown and should have been an INT. Maybe I'm picking at nits, I like him but I'm not sure he's THE QB to get us where we want to be.

It was under thrown because he couldn't step up any further in the pocket and he couldn't complete his follow through on the throw.
Flying Dutchman
I've been a Foles fan from the get go and proud of it. The kid has a number of positives that we have not had in Philly. Living only 1 hr south of U of F, I have been a Cooper fan since he was a frosh. I said and I maintain still that he is the best big WR we have had in many years. The kid just needed to get healthy, get experience and get a QB who could lead him. He can battle anybody for the ball and usually win. Going for the ball, going for the block, NO other Iggle fights as hard as he does.
D Rock
QUOTE (Jax @ Nov 11 2013, 02:53 AM) *
It was under thrown because he couldn't step up any further in the pocket and he couldn't complete his follow through on the throw.

He also had to side step some pressure, making the throw a beat late too. Bottom Line? He got it there and it went for 6. Haters gonna Hate!
Phits
QUOTE (D Rock @ Nov 12 2013, 02:26 PM) *
He also had to side step some pressure, making the throw a beat late too. Bottom Line? He got it there and it went for 6. Haters gonna Hate!

Another week...another win. The defense is coming together and Foles still looks great.
D Rock
QUOTE (Phits @ Nov 18 2013, 06:45 AM) *
Another week...another win. The defense is coming together and Foles still looks great.

jumpclap.gif
Dreagon
Well, I think that where yall are now is a situation where it's safe to accept that Foles is the QB for the rest of the season. Having accepted that, you go with it and then look at him again at the end of the season to see what you want to do next year.
D Rock
We've already played our way out of contention for one of the top QBs in next years draft. Foles is the guy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.