Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Predictions?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
xsv
I think we lose a close one, something like 24-21.
nephillymike
I'll go the other way, 24-21 Eagles.

However, I must disclose that I did take the Eagles with the sports investment advisor as a pick em. Anyone who knows how that works should be very worried about our Bird's chances.

Concerned that Fletcher is not able to play, which means our 3rd CB will be subpar. I think Boykin is OK as a starter but it is who is #3 that concerns me.
bwc2112
I am with Mike, due to Arron Rodgers out. If Arron was healthy I would be siding with XSV.
Flying Dutchman
I'ld push it a little harder in favor of the Iggles.....31-20

On O, Foles has made the most stunning progress among the youngsters but I like what Johnson, Ertz and Brown are showing.

Likewise on D, I am very pleased with Cox and Thornton, Kendricks and Wolff. There are multiple signs of not just a new system but a new 'Tude that has been missing in Philly. I think we could be seeing the beginning of a nice turnaround. JMHO

So sayeth the Old Optimist
JeeQ
No Rodgers, No Packers

Eagles are going to win this one with ease. Seneca is hot garbage; if we focus our defense heavily on the run and take Lacy out early Green Bay is going to roll over and die before halftime. I predict we come out hot early and step on their throats.
nephillymike
Offense look out of whack.

S/B up by 14.

Fucking blind ref can't see blatant facemask
Dreagon
Who is Seneca Wallace?

I think you guys can win this one.
Wheeljack
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Nov 10 2013, 02:06 PM) *
Offense look out of whack.

S/B up by 14.

Fucking blind ref can't see blatant facemask

the refs did make up for it with a questionable "roughing the passer" call... but no dice in the end zone

pretty much knew that last week was a mirage but ... that's all that will be needed against this Packer team unless Tolzien pulls another drive like his last two off
JeeQ
QUOTE (xsv @ Nov 10 2013, 08:57 AM) *

Foles is our QBOTF but he's not good enough to beat a depleted Packers team with a 3rd String QB? laugh.gif

Even I have a lot more confidence in his abilities than that. You argue all day about how he's better than Vick but he's not better than Seneca Wallace & Scott Tolzien?
xsv
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Nov 10 2013, 02:49 PM) *
Foles is our QBOTF but he's not good enough to beat a depleted Packers team with a 3rd String QB? laugh.gif

Even I have a lot more confidence in his abilities than that. You argue all day about how he's better than Vick but he's not better than Seneca Wallace & Scott Tolzien?

I'm not convinced Foles is our QBOTF. I'm not a huge fan, TBH.

He's WOLRDS better than Vick, tho. And it's not even close, IMO.

I'd prefer to cut Vick, draft a guy in the first round, and let Foles compete with him for the job. anyone that plays better than Foles is going to be one of the better QBs in the league, I think.

I argued all day that he's better than Vick because, ... well, he's better than Vick. That's really not saying much.
xsv
QUOTE (xsv @ Nov 10 2013, 11:57 AM) *

At some point, I'm going to have to start giving this team a little more credit.

Happy to be wrong about this one. biggrin.gif
Bez
Wow , to see you guys happy makes my heart soar like an Eagle. I have always liked Foles , he just needed some wind beneath his wings.
Wheeljack
QUOTE (xsv @ Nov 10 2013, 03:33 PM) *
I'm not convinced Foles is our QBOTF. I'm not a huge fan, TBH.

He's WOLRDS better than Vick, tho. And it's not even close, IMO.

I'd prefer to cut Vick, draft a guy in the first round, and let Foles compete with him for the job. anyone that plays better than Foles is going to be one of the better QBs in the league, I think.

I argued all day that he's better than Vick because, ... well, he's better than Vick. That's really not saying much.

only because he stays healthier than Vick ever could. that's the only thing I'd argue. I'm impressed that Chip Kelly can mask much of the deficiencies of either QB with this offense. and even more so that a bum like Riley Cooper looks like Freddie Mitchell catching 4th and 26s every game.

but I'm glad Chip Kelly is here. I also agree he has to draft a QB in the first. Just as long as it isn't any SEC QB (especially not the Bama or LSU QBs, I don't think they're even better than Foles). Vick was/is a stopgap that wasn't even supposed to happen, Kolb (who everyone hyped as being better than McNabb, even "old" McNabb) SUCKED. like there was only one game where I felt he looked good and it was that horrible game against the Eagles where Andy Reid ran the dumbest offense ever against a team that knew exactly what was coming.

I think strangely enough, Billy Davis, much like Juan Castillo before him, is getting the most out of a defense that isn't all that great on paper. Not enough to get him off the hook but it's more an argument to get people who fit the scheme.

if there's anything I've said about the Eagles is that "square peg, round hole" is why their big ideas end up imploding. Let's hope that this time that the Eagles can put together a team that meets what they actually want to execute... and that they can execute it.

One positive about Chip is that he seems to be able to adjust to not having the ideal. Which has been seen with Foles this season. Which is why I'd like the Eagles to somehow keep him on the roster after the season's over. But to be the long term starter... not unless they draft the right person and he comes out the winner between the two. I still don't think he's quite Chip's ideal.

Here's to hoping Howie and friends don't screw it up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.