Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jacked Up
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Jax
For some reason, I have never been as positive about a 4-5 team that I felt didn't have what it takes to compete in the playoffs as I am with this team. It sure feels like there is opportunity out there for the Eagles. I just still don't believe we have what it takes to cash in on that opportunity. To step up and win the East? Perhaps. To fare well in the playoffs, I just don't see it. But then again, name the teams in the NFC that are blowing someone's doors off? Nobody really. SF may have it together. Detroit could. We will see how we stack up with GB. Chicago doesn't scare me. Carolina looks solid but not spectacular. Everyone's favorite, Seattle, has looked shaky. New Orleans inconsistent.

All of this builds reason for optimism. Then I remember that our defense is mediocre on a good day and putrid on many days. Well, they have a had a couple decent showings in a row so maybe there's been improvement...
Rick
QUOTE (Jax @ Nov 8 2013, 09:40 AM) *
For some reason, I have never been as positive about a 4-5 team that I felt didn't have what it takes to compete in the playoffs as I am with this team. It sure feels like there is opportunity out there for the Eagles. I just still don't believe we have what it takes to cash in on that opportunity. To step up and win the East? Perhaps. To fare well in the playoffs, I just don't see it. But then again, name the teams in the NFC that are blowing someone's doors off? Nobody really. SF may have it together. Detroit could. We will see how we stack up with GB. Chicago doesn't scare me. Carolina looks solid but not spectacular. Everyone's favorite, Seattle, has looked shaky. New Orleans inconsistent.

All of this builds reason for optimism. Then I remember that our defense is mediocre on a good day and putrid on many days. Well, they have a had a couple decent showings in a row so maybe there's been improvement...

I've been quick to complain about this defense, however, I'll say they've played reasonably-well the last 3 games--certainly well enough to win with what this offense should provide.

I have more optimism than when the season started (or even 2 weeks ago) but I'm still waiting for the bad stuff (again). Just been an Eagles' fan too long to get too optimistic.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Jax @ Nov 8 2013, 09:40 AM) *
To step up and win the East? Perhaps. To fare well in the playoffs, I just don't see it.

As long as we get the #6 seed and don't have to play at home in the playoffs, we should go to the Super Bowl.
Jax
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Nov 8 2013, 02:51 PM) *
As long as we get the #6 seed and don't have to play at home in the playoffs, we should go to the Super Bowl.

Lol - not too far off the mark!
Jax
QUOTE (Rick @ Nov 8 2013, 01:13 PM) *
I've been quick to complain about this defense, however, I'll say they've played reasonably-well the last 3 games--certainly well enough to win with what this offense should provide.

I have more optimism than when the season started (or even 2 weeks ago) but I'm still waiting for the bad stuff (again). Just been an Eagles' fan too long to get too optimistic.

Agree - I know what you mean. It is looking possible that the Eagles will exceed my predicted win total of 5-6 though.
Rick
QUOTE (Jax @ Nov 8 2013, 03:10 PM) *
Agree - I know what you mean. It is looking possible that the Eagles will exceed my predicted win total of 5-6 though.

Yeah, I predicted 5 wins myself. Looks like they should surpass that but, remember last year?
D Rock
I predicted 8 wins and I'm sticking to it.

make_it_rain
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Nov 8 2013, 03:51 PM) *

Tru, can you like forgo home field advantage in the playoffs? Maybe play the game in London or something?

That being said, I consider it a free roll at this point. I'm excited that they're relevant heading into week 10. This time last year we knew we were dead in the water, whereas this year I have no clue what will happen. We could lose out or we could end up winning the division, but at least this year we can enjoy the ride for a bit
Jax
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Nov 8 2013, 07:16 PM) *
Tru, can you like forgo home field advantage in the playoffs? Maybe play the game in London or something?

That being said, I consider it a free roll at this point. I'm excited that they're relevant heading into week 10. This time last year we knew we were dead in the water, whereas this year I have no clue what will happen. We could lose out or we could end up winning the division, but at least this year we can enjoy the ride for a bit

Exactly
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.