Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Foles Leads NFL in Passer Rating
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
at 127 and that includes the Dallas debacle.

FWIW, for his career, which inlcudes just 9 starts, his rating is 94.

Very impressive.
xsv
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Nov 7 2013, 12:19 PM) *
at 127 and that includes the Dallas debacle.

FWIW, for his career, which inlcudes just 9 starts, his rating is 94.

Very impressive.

13 TDS 0 INTS, and a higher yards per attempt than Vick.

I'm on board.

TGryn
The cynic in me wants to say that the reason he had no INTs against Dallas is because he was so off-target, even the Dallas DBs couldn't get near his passes...
Jax
QUOTE (TGryn @ Nov 7 2013, 01:14 PM) *
The cynic in me wants to say that the reason he had no INTs against Dallas is because he was so off-target, even the Dallas DBs couldn't get near his passes...

There could be a little truth to that but I still say he made decent decisions in the dallas game but just couldn't hit the target... no matter what McNabbulous' Read-22 website wants to say (or whatever that website is called). wink.gif
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Jax @ Nov 7 2013, 03:10 PM) *
There could be a little truth to that but I still say he made decent decisions in the dallas game but just couldn't hit the target... no matter what McNabbulous' Read-22 website wants to say (or whatever that website is called). wink.gif

Yeah, why let evidence get in the way of your opinion wink.gif
Jax
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Nov 7 2013, 02:18 PM) *
Yeah, why let evidence get in the way of your opinion wink.gif

I watched the game live. I don't have time to watch replays of 40 pass plays. Were there cases of another receiver being open for a larger gain? Probably so. Did he make a bunch of throws that never should have been made where receivers weren't open? I didn't see that. The main problem was being inaccurate. Regardless, even if I am wrong, I am still willing to give a Mulligan on the entire game. If those kind of games become common then it must be scrutinized more closely. It appears that he will get the balance of the season to do just that.
D Rock
Keee Riste !

It amazes me that folks wanna dump on Foles for the Dullass game (which was terrible). I mean with all the Mulligans given to Supa5 and MV7 over the past decade why can't we get ONE for the young'n? Somehow, Iggle phans have equated saving a broken play with a nifty run with good quarterbacking. I suppose there are some who've never seen a good quarterback in midnight green and just don't know what one looks like.

(here's a hint)

You saw it in Oakland last Sunday!!!!
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Nov 7 2013, 05:53 PM) *
It amazes me that folks wanna dump on Foles for the Dullass game (which was terrible).

I don't think anyone wants to dump Foles at this point. After the Dallas game, it was reasonable for people to think Vick deserved the job back once healthy. Again, Vick hasn't been bad this year.

At this point, I think most everyone agrees that Foles deserves the starting nod. Everyone except Marcus Vick, of course.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Nov 7 2013, 10:59 PM) *
Vick hasn't been bad this year.

The numbers tell a different tale. He's the epitome of moving the ball at will between the 20s and shitting the bed in the red zone. LAST IN THE LEAGUE in that category. That's worse than "not bad."
Phits
QUOTE (D Rock @ Nov 7 2013, 05:53 PM) *
Keee Riste !

It amazes me that folks wanna dump on Foles for the Dullass game (which was terrible). I mean with all the Mulligans given to Supa5 and MV7 over the past decade why can't we get ONE for the young'n? Somehow, Iggle phans have equated saving a broken play with a nifty run with good quarterbacking. I suppose there are some who've never seen a good quarterback in midnight green and just don't know what one looks like.

(here's a hint)

You saw it in Oakland last Sunday!!!!

7 TD's is only equivalent to 'good' QB play? I would be willing to wager that is the kind of effort we will likely never see again from Foles. He gets shit on for the Dallass game because as good ass he was against Oakland is as bad as he was against Dallass.

He doesn't get a mulligan, because he hasn't earned it (yet).

As for good QB play from the Eagles, over the last decade, if you haven't seen it ...you haven't been watching.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (Jax @ Nov 7 2013, 02:10 PM) *

I watched eagles extra where baldinger and didinger break down the coaches film, and unfortunately foles wasn't seeing wide open receivers all over the place. one play showed djax w/out a cowboy within 15 yards of him about 15 yards downfield and foles threw to mccoy for a 4 yard gain. On the play he got the concussion, maybe 1 second after the snap cooper was wide open on a crossing route right right in front of Foles, not even five yards away WITH a clear throwing lane, and instead he starts running around and ends up sandwiched on the sideline. He should have hit avant with ease instead of throwing a mcnabb-esque worm burner. HE was so off that day, but that looks more like an aberration now. We shall see, their Dline could not even get near him in oakland, I want to see him perform better when under pressure before I am sold, but he is far better than Vick at this point.

MY point Jax is that I do trust ray didninger and brian baldinger's analysis, and they agreed Foles had plenty of opportunities to make plays that he missed.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Nov 7 2013, 06:52 PM) *
The numbers tell a different tale. He's the epitome of moving the ball at will between the 20s and shitting the bed in the red zone. LAST IN THE LEAGUE in that category. That's worse than "not bad."

No, the numbers say he was bad in the red zone. He was still more than adequate at putting points on the board. You're just calling his performance bad because it didn't accomplish what it could have. If he were anything above bad in the red zone, his overall play would have been exceptional. In reality, he was good. Not great, not elite, but not bad either. He was essentially offering what Donnie was providing in the latter part of his tenure.

Not all points are scored in the red zone.
Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Nov 7 2013, 11:34 PM) *

I suspect that good teams, teams that win the SB don't have those kind of RZ scoring issues though.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 8 2013, 06:58 AM) *
I suspect that good teams, teams that win the SB don't have those kind of RZ scoring issues though.

Without a doubt. Those teams tend to have better QBs than Vick. But as far as putting points on the board, he was doing a more than adequate job. He just wasn't meeting expectations because of his red zone failures.
xsv
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Nov 7 2013, 10:34 PM) *
No, the numbers say he was bad in the red zone. He was still more than adequate at putting points on the board. You're just calling his performance bad because it didn't accomplish what it could have. If he were anything above bad in the red zone, his overall play would have been exceptional. In reality, he was good. Not great, not elite, but not bad either. He was essentially offering what Donnie was providing in the latter part of his tenure.

I disagree. After the Washington game, he was below average, and bad in the red zone.

Not only that, but he can't sustain his style of quarterbacking. He was hurt after 4 games. He's extremely fragile at this stage of his career.

All that said, I think he's a pretty darn good backup qb.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Nov 7 2013, 10:13 PM) *
I watched eagles extra where baldinger and didinger break down the coaches film, and unfortunately foles wasn't seeing wide open receivers all over the place. one play showed djax w/out a cowboy within 15 yards of him about 15 yards downfield and foles threw to mccoy for a 4 yard gain. On the play he got the concussion, maybe 1 second after the snap cooper was wide open on a crossing route right right in front of Foles, not even five yards away WITH a clear throwing lane, and instead he starts running around and ends up sandwiched on the sideline. He should have hit avant with ease instead of throwing a mcnabb-esque worm burner. HE was so off that day, but that looks more like an aberration now. We shall see, their Dline could not even get near him in oakland, I want to see him perform better when under pressure before I am sold, but he is far better than Vick at this point.

MY point Jax is that I do trust ray didninger and brian baldinger's analysis, and they agreed Foles had plenty of opportunities to make plays that he missed.

For a guy who has played so well, that game was sooo bad, inexplicably so. Here's hoping that he had a concussion early and didn't see those wide open WR's b/c of it. He can make it up by playing like he has in the other games and kick Dallas' ass in that last game of the year to propel the Eagles to the division crown!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.