Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rodgers leaves early on MNF
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
mcnabbulous
Questionable to return. Maybe in jeopardy for next week.
Chip Kelly
Packers D looks pretty brutal. I like our chances a little more.
mcnabbulous
Early reports are broken collarbone. No excuses on Sunday.
Zero
Better chance to win if Rogers is out but it won't feel the same. I may be weird, but I was looking forward to seeing how Davis and his guys showed against their offense. It may have been misery, but it would tell us if we're improving or just playing the poor sisters.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 5 2013, 06:25 AM) *
Better chance to win if Rogers is out but it won't feel the same. I may be weird, but I was looking forward to seeing how Davis and his guys showed against their offense. It may have been misery, but it would tell us if we're improving or just playing the poor sisters.

More important to me is how the offense does, so whatever, I'll take the win. Plus my opponent last night had Rodgers going, once he went down I won the week. jumpclap.gif
Zero
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Nov 5 2013, 09:49 AM) *
More important to me is how the offense does ...

I think the offense is good as long as the QB is good. They're starting to use the TEs, Cooper is playing like someone else and Brown is starting to acclimate to the system. This whole offense hinges on the QB play it seems. The defense, Billy Davis and the talent holes have been the concern since the beginning for me.

Not that I don't want them to do well this year, but in truth I'm looking at this year more as kind of TC for the next few years. The players will have a better understanding of the systems and they will be better conditioned to deal with the frantic pace ... both sides. Kelly will be adding some players through FA and the draft ... again, both sides. Maybe WR, running QB on O and LB, S, CB on D?

Man, if the offense can stabilize and be consistent and the defense above average ...
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 5 2013, 07:25 AM) *

After having to face the Giants, a team we easily should have beaten, with our third-string rookie QB; I'll take any breaks we can get at this point in the season. We need wins.

We can prove ourselves in the playoffs smile.gif
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 5 2013, 09:41 AM) *
They're starting to use the TEs

Ertz looks like he could be a star, he should be the clear #1 IMO. To me he looks like Todd Heap, and apparently that's the comparison that was made when they drafted him. Looking forward to seeing what he does this week.
JeeQ
Heard the Packers are possibly going to sign Matt Flynn to play against Nick Foles. Oh the irony laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.