Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm sorry
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Chip Kelly
Last week, I gave Kelly a rating of 4 out of 10. I was wrong. Sure, he makes some weird decisions sometimes, but so does every NFL coach. And it is his first year, I'm sure he'll learn and adjust.

I also said that Nick Foles doesn't have a future here. I don't expect 7 TD passes every week, but there's no way you can go back to Vick after what we saw yesterday. No matter what happens from here on, I think you have to run with Foles for the rest of the season. VICK IS DONE. I have a feeling I won't be apologizing for that. smile.gif

I'm sorry, you two.
Dreagon
If what you're saying is true, and Vick is done, then what Foles is really playing for now is to keep them from drafting a QB in April. If he succeeds, he's the starter for the next year or two at least. If they draft a guy, he's doomed to backup duty again. So in your scenario, he's actually defining his career over the second half of this season.
JeeQ
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Nov 4 2013, 03:19 PM) *
If what you're saying is true, and Vick is done, then what Foles is really playing for now is to keep them from drafting a QB in April. If he succeeds, he's the starter for the next year or two at least. If they draft a guy, he's doomed to backup duty again. So in your scenario, he's actually defining his career over the second half of this season.

Let's hope it's better defined than his second half of the season from last year laugh.gif
Jax
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Nov 4 2013, 07:19 PM) *

Yes, I'd agree and that is pretty high stakes this early in his career.
nephillymike
As great as Foles played, I don't make any decisions until after next week and we'll see where we go from there.

He was awesome yesterday. The thing that impressed me most was him moving in and out of the pocket, eyes always down field and threw some long distance strikes on the move. So glad to see it.

One thing though. Why the hell would any defense do anything else but play man to man, jamming the WR's at the LOS with high safety help on DJax? Why play zone back, giving away the bubble screen and other short passes.

Was Oakland's projector broken? (I know I said projector!!)

There is a diagram on how to limit this offense and Oakland just ripped it up and trashed it.
mcnabbulous
Wondering that myself, Mikey. Doesn't make much sense.
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Nov 4 2013, 11:26 PM) *
Was Oakland's projector broken? (I know I said projector!!)

There is a diagram on how to limit this offense and Oakland just ripped it up and trashed it.

Maybe Andy isn't the only coach who's smarter than everyone else? biggrin.gif
JeeQ
QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 5 2013, 03:28 AM) *
Maybe Andy isn't the only coach who's smarter than everyone else? biggrin.gif

laugh.gif
Wheeljack
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Nov 4 2013, 06:19 PM) *

not necessarily.

I think Vick will be gone after this season, so the "veteran QB" by default will be Foles. I think the Eagles will drop Barkley as well and pick up another FA QB (hopefully they don't let Dennis Dixon run away to another team this time).

the only way the Eagles draft a QB and Foles is relegated to backup duty is if he gets outplayed in preseason by the rookie.
Dreagon
QUOTE (Wheeljack @ Nov 8 2013, 07:12 AM) *
not necessarily.

I think Vick will be gone after this season, so the "veteran QB" by default will be Foles. I think the Eagles will drop Barkley as well and pick up another FA QB (hopefully they don't let Dennis Dixon run away to another team this time).

the only way the Eagles draft a QB and Foles is relegated to backup duty is if he gets outplayed in preseason by the rookie.

Bear something else in mind. Foles will be starting his third year next year, which means contract issues will start raising their head. And that creates an interesting situation.

If Foles plays good enough to be a starter, even if it's not at franchise level, he will still command a big contract. Veteran starting QBs ain't cheap. And with the new rookie wage scale in place, it may actually be cheaper to go for a potential franchise QB in the draft if he falls to you. There are some good QBs in this draft so it's possible.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.