Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Inspired Result Yesterday
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Bocadelphia Eagles John
I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Couldn't believe my own eyes. A common shout out from me in the Eagles biased and themed sports bar, fell into a combination of the categories "HOLY shit", " I can't BELIEVE this" "UNBELIEVABLE" and the like. The number of times the joint broke into Fly Eagles Fly was inspiring, the atmosphere was ELECTRIC for three hours in Boca Raton, Florida.

My excited mood was boosted BIG TIME witnessing the big days had by Cooper, and Ertz, by having my favorite #10 on ST returning, and seeing how the timing and accuracy between Foles, McCoy and Jackson had worked like it was drawn up and intended to and ANTICIPATED. So we saw contribution from the newer hopefuls, the already established stars, and what looked like a step forward for D and ST (heck, we even saw mostly touchbacks from kicks, or deep punts pinning them back. D and ST stepped up big time with still some lessons learned. And O stepped up too ... all around TEAM.

I have to contain my enthusiasm and know we are still finding out. There's still a reason for some "coaching" to take place. But my goodness, we did beat a team who had been 3-1 at home to date. So they have won some games by BEATING other teams. I like that reality, and ... what I hope might be the start of a "trend" for us.

Each game ahead gives us reason to buy tickets, sign in support, and just enjoy what we now know is POSSIBLE for us. To win in a BLOW OUT is ... POSSIBLE FOR US ... That's all the encouragement I need. I guess I'm thrilled about yesterday, totally pleased for Foles day, and chuffed to the limit that it was a TEAM win and just MIGHT, maybe, perhaps, be the beggining of some kind of trend.

I guess I'm saying I'm cautiously optimistic ? It was just one game, but what a hell of a game and based on what I saw in person at Tampa game, JUST GREAT to see THAT kind of winning execution. Wow. Nice job TEAM.

I want to see Foles start next game. Great job Nick .... OPOW again ? Who cares, but ... phew ... outstanding show.
Rick
What he said.
Zero
I was happy to see DJax and Boykin as return men. I've had it with Johnson and his weak-assed returns. I don't want to see either one hurt, but ST is a big part of the game and he hasn't been.
D Rock
Agreed with all the above.

BUT . . .

Was I the only one getting very nervous seeing DJax fielding punts when we were up by 30+ points?
Rick
QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 4 2013, 02:49 PM) *
I was happy to see DJax and Boykin as return men. I've had it with Johnson and his weak-assed returns. I don't want to see either one hurt, but ST is a big part of the game and he hasn't been.

I agree. I'm done with Johnson.
samaroo
QUOTE (D Rock @ Nov 4 2013, 04:18 PM) *
Agreed with all the above.

BUT . . .

Was I the only one getting very nervous seeing DJax fielding punts when we were up by 30+ points?

I'm with you on this. I was glad to see him back there initially (although a bit nervous), but was yelling to get him out of there by the end of the half.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.