Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Maybe we need to thank Kelly ...
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
I have no idea how Foles could play so badly against the Cowboys and so good against the Raiders unless there was a medical reason. There were plays there for him two weeks ago but he just threw shit balls. Today he was on target and on time.

The thing that surprises me though is how dynamic the offense can be with a depleted WR corps. Cooper isn't Calvin Johnson or Julio Jones but he looked it today. I'm a DKD but it looked like the play design had him open more than his talent did. He did what he was supposed to do but I keep wondering what the offense would be like if DJax had a dynamic WR on the other side to team with Shady, Celek and now Ertz. He doesn't have to be a Johnson or Fitzgerald, Maclin may be the guy. Whoosh!

I'm really happy the defense seems to be coming together because when this offense stabilizes they could be scary good.
Bocadelphia Eagles John
Everything seemed to go our way today. You get days like that. And realistically, I think today was a day of perfect match ups favoring us. But it sure was exciting and enjoyable. Damned glad to take it ... give me more like it please.

Inexplicably, we have to find our home field mojo. But you're right, what a bi-polar season, with, or without Foles. More to play, more to see how things develop, and no matter what, we sure are getting a diet of spectacular and record tying highlights and bottom of the bucket crap.
JeeQ
No matter how this season has played out there's been one aspect I've never wavered on...

Chip Kelly is going to be the coach that takes us the promised land. Chip's offense works and anyone who says it doesn't is in utter denial. Right now we're doing it without the right skill set players in key positions and in a season where three different QB have started games.

2-3 seasons down the line when Chip has a roster full of his own hand-picked players the league is in trouble. Heaven forbid we get Johnny Manziel. The league will never be the same.
Rick
The first thing I noticed (other than Foles being accurate again) was the offense was playing their up-tempo game again. We'd gotten away from that. You can see how devastating that tempo can be on a defense when you keep going at it.

Foles also had the game of his career. As bad as he was at Dallas, I would hope everyone knew he wasn't that bad just like, as good as he was yesterday, he isn't that good. I'm starting to warm up to him more and more but we need to see more of him. I hope this puts to rest the, "bring Vick back," stuff. Let Foles see what he can do for the rest of the season. Then decide whether he's the guy or we need to draft someone else. It's obvious Foles deserves the job at this point. He certainly has more wins than Vick this season at this point and that's what matters the last time I checked.
Eyrie
ITYS.

Back in the spring I repeatedly stated that decision making and accuracy were the keys to being a Chip Kelly QB. Yesterday Foles provided both and we saw the outcome.

That doesn't mean that Foles is our franchise QB, but it does show that he is effective. Now I want to see consistency from him and no more Cowboys-level meltdowns.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 3 2013, 08:36 PM) *
I have no idea how Foles could play so badly against the Cowboys and so good against the Raiders unless there was a medical reason.

His concussion screwed up his brain - he went on the field yesterday thinking he was Dan Marino.

Is anyone else aware that the Sixers are 3-0, and ranked the #1 team in the NBA by yahoo sports?
Rick
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Nov 4 2013, 02:01 PM) *
ITYS.

Back in the spring I repeatedly stated that decision making and accuracy were the keys to being a Chip Kelly QB. Yesterday Foles provided both and we saw the outcome.

That doesn't mean that Foles is our franchise QB, but it does show that he is effective. Now I want to see consistency from him and no more Cowboys-level meltdowns.

I'm with you but I think he's getting a bit of a rough time about consistency. I think he has been consistent (for the most part) in his (very short) career. The Dallas game seems to have been an exception (rather than the rule) to his consistency. You can go back in Peyton Manning's career and find some pretty bad games he's had but nobody questions his consistency. Of course, the Dallas game was so bad--and he doesn't have enough of a history in the NFL--so it looked much worse than it probably was.

I do want to see him more to see if my thoughts are correct on him for this.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.