Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Right now, Eagles would be drafting 9th
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
TGryn
per http://www.reddit.com/r/NFL_Draft/comments..._results_up_to/

Pick # Team PCT SOS
1 Tampa Bay 0.000 0.562
2 Jacksonville 0.000 0.567
3 Minnesota 0.143 0.533
4 NY Giants 0.250 0.550
5 Pittsburgh 0.286 0.508
6 Washington 0.286 0.516
7 Atlanta 0.286 0.529
8 Houston 0.286 0.554
9 Philadelphia 0.375 0.475
10 Buffalo 0.375 0.500

prospects:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings
Jax
#9 won't get one of the QB's or Clowney. We need to be top 4 to get what we want I think. If we aren't in the position to get what we want then I'd be ok with trading down for more picks and getting Aaron Murray. He is a capable runner although a notch off of manziel and mariotta. Murray is a better pure passer than either of them though. He could be a decent fit in Kelly's offense. I think Bridgewater might fit all of what Kelly wants but he very likely will go #1.
mcnabbulous
Thought you didn't want 6'0" quarterbacks?

Id be surprised if Murray goes in the first two rounds.
Jax
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 30 2013, 12:30 PM) *
Thought you didn't want 6'0" quarterbacks?

I don't like 6 foot QB's. However, if we got him with the right pick I think he stands a chance to be successful in Kelly's offense. At least we wouldn't be taking him as high as we would have to take Manziel.

I am not sure how reasonable it is for us to get one of those top 3 QB's unless we mortgage the future. I might do that for Bridgewater. I am not sure I would do that for Mariotta or Manziel.
Jax
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 30 2013, 12:30 PM) *

I do not think Murray will drop to the the third round.
Phits
We have an advantage in that Chip had to do a lot of college scouting prior to switching over to the NFL this season. I would be surprised if he didn't have a few QB prospects in the college ranks....not touted to go early in the first round.
mcnabbulous
For the Johnny Football haters...

Alabama's defense is giving up 5.14 ppg against teams not quarterbacked by Manziel this year. Texas A&M put up 42.
Jax
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 30 2013, 01:46 PM) *

Alabama's defense is giving up 5.14 ppg against teams not quarterbacked by Manziel this year. Texas A&M put up 42.

He might mature beyond being an immature ass so I can give him the benefit of the doubt on that. He won't be more than 6 feet tall. He is a good college passer but I don't see him as an above average NFL passer. We shall see. Aaron Murray is also 6 feet but has a strong arm and has developed as a passer more than a runner. Anyway, I would be willing to support Manziel if Kelly thought he was the best guy for us. Regardless, I'm not sure how we will get to that draft position unless we trade a lot of valuable picks and I'm not that excited about him that I'd want to give up a lot to move higher in the draft to take him. If you do that then you absolutely must hit a home run and not a strikeout. Bridgewater yes. Mariotta and Manziel hmmm.... not as sure.... maybe... but if that proves to be a mistake then we are looking at an extended period of lousy seasons.
JeeQ
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 30 2013, 10:46 AM) *

His stats are impressive but why I'm such a Manziel fan are his intangibles assets. Manziel has talents you can't teach.

He walks, talks, and acts like a winner. For me this is huge because I look at Foles/Barkley and I see losers. Perennial losers. They inspire no confidence in me whatsoever. They don't even appear confident in themselves. When Johnny Football takes the field everyone knows there's a good chance he's winning the game no matter what team he's playing against.

Our team doesn't need an Elite QB. It doesn't even need an Above Average QB. Our team would improve exponentially if we just had a competent Game Manager QB.

Vick is the truest definition of a streaky QB. He can produce MVP numbers as easily as he can turnovers. He'll win you the game just as fast as he can lose it.

Foles is immobile, cracks under pressure, and is appearing to crack under tackles as well. Immobility + Fragility = Short Career.

Barkley is a USC QB... Barkley is a USC QB... Barkley is a USC QB... that is all.
Dreagon
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Oct 30 2013, 09:24 PM) *
His stats are impressive but why I'm such a Manziel fan are his intangibles assets. Manziel has talents you can't teach.

^^^This^^^

I've watched Manziel play a lot, and he's just got "it". He's got he stats, but he has a "winner" quality to him that transcends the stats. He's that guy you want behind center when you're down by seven, you're on your own 20, and there's only a minute left on the clock. He finds a way to make it happen.

I was sorta hoping Jerruh was going to take a look at him before he signed that big extension for Romo.
mcnabbulous
I agree the Manziel brings a winning attitude to the field. He just strikes me as the type that thinks he can beat anyone.

I don't have the same negative opinion regarding the attitudes of the other guys, but I think Manziel would be exactly what our franchise needs. And everything I'm reading suggests he's not going to be one of the top picks in the draft. At least at this point in the process. A lot will change before April (or whenever they're holding the draft these days.)
nephillymike
and the Sixers would be drafting 30th!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.