Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Foles or Barkley
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
CT_Eagle
Assuming that Vick is a no go and Foles is cleared to play, who do you start vs Oak and why?

For me, I am not sold on either QB at this point. I would still like to see Foles have more games to prove himself. Maybe he is the answer, maybe not but I do not think one poor game vs. Dallas is enough to give up on him.
mcnabbulous
I'm basically at an "I don't care" point, as far as the two of them go. I don't see either one as a long-term solution, so they're each just stopgaps.

I'm not emotionally invested in either of them.
nephillymike
Foles.

Even though the season is most likely over, I'm more desparate than a fat girl at closing time. I've seen Foles do some good things over his two years. Can't say that about Barkley.
Eyrie
Foles.

We can write this season off in terms of the playoffs, so we need to use the games to develop players and systems. Starting Foles for the remainder of the year gives us a chance to decide whether he is worth keeping as a starter or back up. If he struggles, then give Barkley the last four games for the same reason.

Re-aggravating that hamstring injury has effectively ended Vick's season, unless Kelly decides to use him as the starter to help the other offensive players development in his eventual offense. And if that is the case then both Foles and Barkely lack the mobility and are history. Vick would start next year with a rookie behind him who is our intended future at QB.
Zero
I can't imagine Vick returning so he shouldn't be an option at this point. Foles is best suited to start if he doesn't choke. Barkley needs work but he's not ready. Foles starts and Vick is backup.
Jax
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 29 2013, 01:13 PM) *
I'm basically at an "I don't care" point, as far as the two of them go. I don't see either one as a long-term solution, so they're each just stopgaps.

And Vick is no different. Foles may not be our guy but he clearly represents the best choice we have for this season.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Jax @ Oct 30 2013, 08:20 AM) *
And Vick is no different. Foles may not be our guy but he clearly represents the best choice we have for this season.

I enjoy watching Vick play the most. And I think our offense (Shady in particular) works best with Vick under center.

Since we don't have much to cheer for, actually enjoying watching the game has benefits at this point.
Jax
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 30 2013, 10:32 AM) *
I enjoy watching Vick play the most. And I think our offense (Shady in particular) works best with Vick under center.

Since we don't have much to cheer for, actually enjoying watching the game has benefits at this point.

Neither of those were the case against the Giants last week.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Jax @ Oct 30 2013, 09:48 AM) *
Neither of those were the case against the Giants last week.

Vick obviously shouldn't have been on the field. I mean the Vick that can run. Sadly, that guy isn't often available.
JeeQ
1. Foles Will Look Great Against The Raiders - More Than Likely Win

2. Some Will Start Thinking "He's The QBOTF Again', "Foles Is The Answer"

3. Foles Will Come Out Against The Packers Next Week And Revisit His Dallas Performance
Jax
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Oct 30 2013, 11:13 AM) *

3. Foles Will Come Out Against The Packers Next Week And Revisit His Dallas Performance

I'm not sure that any of those 3 will happen. But, regardless, does the Packer defense, non-Division game, non-critical game since we are no longer a serious contender, does that necessarily make someone get tight? And that's even assuming that Foles wouldn't have grown from the Dallas experience at all.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Oct 30 2013, 04:50 AM) *
We can write this season off in terms of the playoffs,

I beg to differ. Even though I picked them to go 6 - 10 this season, in reality right now, they are still one game back of being tied for first in the NFC least with a win today.
Bez
WEll guys I have been sending out all the positive vibes down to the stadium for the Birds I can . I hope its enough , so far so good.
Wheeljack
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 29 2013, 12:13 PM) *

ditto. Foles will likely have more "impressive" performances but the Eagles need to get their guy in there.
mcnabbulous
Obviously Barkley deserves to start next week.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Nov 3 2013, 06:08 PM) *
Obviously Barkley deserves to start next week.

Barkley will probably get some playing time this week biggrin.gif

The question is, can you justify sitting Foles if Vick is 100%healthy?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Nov 3 2013, 07:15 PM) *
The question is, can you justify sitting Foles if Vick is 100%healthy?

No. Not at this point.
Bez
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Nov 3 2013, 07:18 PM) *
No. Not at this point.
Thank you .
JeeQ
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Oct 30 2013, 07:13 AM) *

1. Complete

2. Complete

3. TBD (Please Prove Me Wrong)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.