Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FUCKING VOODOO
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
bwc2112
I say we ALL go to "THE LINC" knock it down. It is VOODOO. Then REBUILD "THE VET" !!!!!!!!!!!!!! SCARE THE HELL OUT OF THEM! BOOO!
Jax
QUOTE (bwc2112 @ Oct 27 2013, 06:43 PM) *
I say we ALL go to "THE LINC" knock it down. It is VOODOO. Then REBUILD "THE VET" !!!!!!!!!!!!!! SCARE THE HELL OUT OF THEM! BOOO!

Good point - I agree!
HOUSEoPAIN

The crowd at the Vet could be absolutely deafening, players feared coming in, and anyone stupid enough to wear an opponent's jersey in there was quickly made an example of.

Lurie wanted to turn us into Lakers fans, and he did. Now it's a corporate/family friendly atmosphere, where most of the real fans have been priced out, and season ticket holders spend their time looking for opposing fans to sell their tickets to at jacked up prices. Even when we went 3-13, our 3 wins were at the Vet.

There's a story about 'License Plate Man' or whatever his name is, some famous jerkoff Giants fan who showed up yesterday wearing an Eagles jersey that said 'super bowls' on the back with the number 0, and he probably had a grand ole time yesterday. If he went to the bathroom at the Vet his body never would've been found.....
Jax
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Oct 28 2013, 10:24 AM) *
The crowd at the Vet could be absolutely deafening, players feared coming in, and anyone stupid enough to wear an opponent's jersey in there was quickly made an example of.

Lurie wanted to turn us into Lakers fans, and he did. Now it's a corporate/family friendly atmosphere, where most of the real fans have been priced out, and season ticket holders spend their time looking for opposing fans to sell their tickets to at jacked up prices. Even when we went 3-13, our 3 wins were at the Vet.

There's a story about 'License Plate Man' or whatever his name is, some famous jerkoff Giants fan who showed up yesterday wearing an Eagles jersey that said 'super bowls' on the back with the number 0, and he probably had a grand ole time yesterday. If he went to the bathroom at the Vet his body never would've been found.....

Yep!
Phits

how many championships did we win in "the vet"?
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 28 2013, 02:15 PM) *
how many championships did we win in "the vet"?

It would be impossible to have won one in 'the vet' because championships aren't played in outdoor stadiums in cold-weather cities (until the Meadowlands of course). The obvious point being made is that we don't have homefield advantage anymore, when teams used to be intimidated to come into Philly.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Oct 28 2013, 02:48 PM) *
It would be impossible to have won one in 'the vet' because championships aren't played in outdoor stadiums in cold-weather cities (until the Meadowlands of course). The obvious point being made is that we don't have homefield advantage anymore, when teams used to be intimidated to come into Philly.

It's not cause of the structure. It's the people that go to the games. It used to be a working class crowd. Now, it's just corporate tickets and attendees. It will never go back to the old ways.
Chip Kelly

Nailed it.
Zero
If he went to the bathroom at the Vet his body never would've been found.....

His body would have been invaded. biggrin.gif
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Zero @ Oct 28 2013, 07:41 PM) *
His body would have been invaded. biggrin.gif

devil03.gif
Rick
Unfortunately, this is what pro sports has become. Every city has priced out the, "working man," in the name of profits.

However, to want the, "good ole days," when people got beaten up over a friggin' jersey is just plain stupid. You shouldn't have to fear for your life when going to a sporting event for crying out loud!

When I lived in North Jersey, my friend had Giants season tickets. He would ALWAYS give me (yes, give me) his tix for the Giants/Eagles gams at the Meadowlands. So for about 10 years I made every one. Their fans are assholes. While I never actually got into a fight, it came close on many occasions. One time I was there with my wife and soe Giants' fans were way over the line.

Sorry but it's plain stupid to want to beat someone up because they don't cheer for your favorite team. It's beyond childish. Should we beat people into our gang of Eagles' fans? Blood in blood out?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Rick @ Oct 29 2013, 09:24 AM) *
Unfortunately, this is what pro sports has become. Every city has priced out the, "working man," in the name of profits.

However, to want the, "good ole days," when people got beaten up over a friggin' jersey is just plain stupid. You shouldn't have to fear for your life when going to a sporting event for crying out loud!

When I lived in North Jersey, my friend had Giants season tickets. He would ALWAYS give me (yes, give me) his tix for the Giants/Eagles gams at the Meadowlands. So for about 10 years I made every one. Their fans are assholes. While I never actually got into a fight, it came close on many occasions. One time I was there with my wife and soe Giants' fans were way over the line.

Sorry but it's plain stupid to want to beat someone up because they don't cheer for your favorite team. It's beyond childish. Should we beat people into our gang of Eagles' fans? Blood in blood out?

Agreed. The whole concept is a black eye on our city.

The Dodgers and Raiders can be proud to have that embarrassing stigma these days.
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 29 2013, 03:50 PM) *
Agreed. The whole concept is a black eye on our city.

It isn't just Philly, LA and Oakland. Every city has black eyes when it comes to the treatment of other teams fans. Just this season there were major issues at a Jets game as well as at a Dallas game. Drunks are drunks, no matter what city.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Oct 29 2013, 11:29 AM) *
It isn't just Philly, LA and Oakland. Every city has black eyes when it comes to the treatment of other teams fans. Just this season there were major issues at a Jets game as well as at a Dallas game. Drunks are drunks, no matter what city.

I'm not denying that people act like assholes everywhere. But there is definitely a stigma of aggressiveness and danger that was associated with going to a game at the Vet (Dodger Stadium and the Black Hole) that I'm more than happy is no longer linked to the Eagles.

You can be a great crowd without being violent. College football proves that every Saturday.
Rick
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 29 2013, 01:08 PM) *
I'm not denying that people act like assholes everywhere. But there is definitely a stigma of aggressiveness and danger that was associated with going to a game at the Vet (Dodger Stadium and the Black Hole) that I'm more than happy is no longer linked to the Eagles.

You can be a great crowd without being violent. College football proves that every Saturday.

Agreed.

I also had season tickets for the Yankees, in the bleachers no less, same section as the Bleacher Creatures. I will say I NEVER saw any physically aggressiveness towards opposing fans. Heckle them? Absolutely...brutally so. But I never would have had a problem being my kids to a game.

If I had kids when the Vet was around, I'd have NEVER brought them to an Eagles game. I also never brought them to an Eagles/Giants game. I took them to the preseason game here in Jacksonville when the Eagles played here. Not one bit of nastiness.

So, while I agree drunks will be drunks, there are definitely different levels of this depending on where the game is.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Rick @ Oct 29 2013, 04:42 PM) *
I also had season tickets for the Yankees, in the bleachers no less, same section as the Bleacher Creatures. I will say I NEVER saw any physically aggressiveness towards opposing fans. Heckle them? Absolutely...brutally so. But I never would have had a problem being my kids to a game.

I always described Eagles fans like the mafia - we never go after wives and kids. I've personally never seen it anyway.

Nobody here is 'pro-assault,' we were simply pointing out that opposing players and fans were intimidated coming in here, and one of the main reasons was the rabid fans. The rest was tongue-in-cheek. As far as San Fran (giants and niners), Oakland, LA, that shit is a straight up gang war. You wear the wrong colors, you're taking your life in your hands. Philly was never like that.
Rick
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Oct 29 2013, 05:12 PM) *
I always described Eagles fans like the mafia - we never go after wives and kids. I've personally never seen it anyway.

Nobody here is 'pro-assault,' we were simply pointing out that opposing players and fans were intimidated coming in here, and one of the main reasons was the rabid fans. The rest was tongue-in-cheek. As far as San Fran (giants and niners), Oakland, LA, that shit is a straight up gang war. You wear the wrong colors, you're taking your life in your hands. Philly was never like that.

I agree the fans can make it uncomfortable for opposing players. However, you don't have to intimidate fans of the opposing team to do so. Make lots of noise, that is all that is needed.
Zero
QUOTE (Rick @ Oct 30 2013, 07:15 AM) *
I agree the fans can make it uncomfortable for opposing players. However, you don't have to intimidate fans of the opposing team to do so. Make lots of noise, that is all that is needed.

I used to have season tickets in the Vet ... 700 level, around the 45. Rough crowd but harassing opposing fans was usually with good humor. Beers were often shared (no, not thrown). The opposing fans who got into trouble were the one's who were assholes. They'd either obnoxiously flaunt their team's success or would be the aggressive ones. It wasn't uncommon to see Giant fans parading around the concourse drunk, spewing shit and flipping people off. I'm not saying Eagle fans were/are angels or never caused problems, but my experience was that the other guys were most often the cause of problems. You don't go into someone else's house, piss on the floor and and call the women whores without paying the price.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.